Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using 2nd (R) Out as DI

toko42

Hi there,

it would be nice to be able to have the wet signal on one output and the dry signal on the other.

As both are balanced one could leave the DI at home.

Right now I would have to include an FX send to be able to do this which uses one block.

Would this be possible?

Many thanks

toko42

Another way would be to create a parallel path. PU the amp on one and all of the effects on the other. You can then put the amp anywhere in the effects path using a split. Then pan the Amp path Left and the effects path Right. This does mean leavng most of the blocks on the dry/amp path unused but I'm going to guess there will be enough for your purposes. You could also use path1 for the dry signal, pan it all the way to the left and path 2 for the effects signal panned all the way to the right. That's just two ways.There are probably others. I'm not home right now.

If you're talking about splitting a signal to have an amp/cab sim on one side and not on the other, I pull my IR to a parallel path and then pan the signals in the little summing block immediately after it. You just have to have cables plugged into both outputs as otherwise it will sum to mono. That way I don't have to set up a send and use another block. I've been sending the IR to the PA/IEMs and plugging the other side with the amp sim/no cab sim into a Twin.

No, I want to use one mixer channel for a clean signal and another one for the wet one.

There are usually enough inputs available on my Behringer X32 and thus I could record a dry signal while still sending a wet one to the PA and alter the effects later if they don't sound good.

But maybe this may work, too.