Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects How?- wet only effects to "wet" cabinet

tourswag

Looking to take advantage of the HX Effects in a dry/wet amplifier scheme

Here is what I need:

Wet only, never any dry signal passed

Parallel reverb and delay. these will both be set to 100%

The reverb will likely be always on

The delay will be sent tempo and delay bypass via midi controller.

When bypassed it must be "killdry"

Cursory look I have a reverb sound I like, and a delay sound I like. signal path is parallel mix at 100% for both effects

My problem is bypassed delay passes dry guitar signal- how can i set up a killdry?

Thanks!

Not quite sure I understand what you're wanting to do as far as bypassing the delay. If you kill the dry signal and have no wet signal, there would be no signal going into the reverb block. The reverb still needs some incoming signal to generate a wet signal. Assuming you have the reverb's Mix parameter set to 100, then the dry signal being sent through the bypassed delay block shouldn't matter. You would still not have any dry signal being sent to your wet amp.

The effects are in parallel- the idea is to not "reverb the delay"...and not "delay the reverb"

incoming mono audio, splits into 2 parallel paths, reverb in A at 100% ( so no dry signal coming through) and the delay in B at 100% the 2 paths combine to a mono output ( which goes to power amp and "wet" speaker" cab)

at present when I bypass the delay I have dry signal bleeding through which upsets the dry/wet balance of the multi speaker set up ( via midi I must be able to control tempo by tap and also bypass JUST the delay.

this also introduces phasing issues as the signal running through the HX Effects is delayed/latent by the a/d/a convertors and is apparent in reference to the dry signal- and appears variable depending on processing power used

in practice the reverb is a constant, giving a little hang to the note

the delays chosen would vary from a little slap to a band pass filtered delay to 1/4 or dotted 8th etc etc as appropriate

I have a device presently which give plate or spring emulation ( preset selection of type)  and "tape" or Digi delay emulation. signal path in [arellel, wet only delay tap and bypass control

The HX offers so many additional options if I can get similar control

Thanks, Mike

I think I'm interpreting what you are saying as the following:

Guitar ->  HX Input L(mono) -> Send Block (Send @ 100%, Dry @ 100%) -> Split Y -> (Path A) -> Delay -> Mixer -> Volume block -> output L (mono)

(Path B from Split Y ) -> Reverb -> Mixer ->

- Assign the reverb and delay to a controller and you can bypass them normally and block the dry signal with the volume block.

-  Dry signal goes out the Send 1 Left.

Is that what you are looking for?

27 minutes ago, tourswag said:

The effects are in parallel- the idea is to not "reverb the delay"...and not "delay the reverb"

incoming mono audio, splits into 2 parallel paths, reverb in A at 100% ( so no dry signal coming through) and the delay in B at 100% the 2 paths combine to a mono output ( which goes to power amp and "wet" speaker" cab)

at present when I bypass the delay I have dry signal bleeding through which upsets the dry/wet balance of the multi speaker set up ( via midi I must be able to control tempo by tap and also bypass JUST the delay.

this also introduces phasing issues as the signal running through the HX Effects is delayed/latent by the a/d/a convertors and is apparent in reference to the dry signal- and appears variable depending on processing power used

in practice the reverb is a constant, giving a little hang to the note

the delays chosen would vary from a little slap to a band pass filtered delay to 1/4 or dotted 8th etc etc as appropriate

I have a device presently which give plate or spring emulation ( preset selection of type)  and "tape" or Digi delay emulation. signal path in [arellel, wet only delay tap and bypass control

The HX offers so many additional options if I can get similar control

Thanks, Mike

I assumed you were using the HX Effects to feed your dry amp as well, but I guess you aren't. In that case there's a few ways you could do it. If you set the split block to be an A/B Split, you could have it so Path B is muted whenever the Delay is bypassed. You could do this with snapshots, or you could assign the Path B Level to the same footswitch as the delay block. The other option would be to put a Volume block in front of the Delay block with the Position parameter set to 0 (remove the control assignment). Assign the Volume block to the same footswitch as the Delay and have the toggle opposite of each other - when the Delay block is on, the Volume block is off and vice versa. That would mute signal in that path as well.

Volume Block idea is kinda what I was thinking as well; a virtual device toggling opposite the delay with output set to zero- a "null" device

BTW the audio signal is coming line level post power section of a tube amp

( many use an attenuator such as THD Hoplate to get a line level signal to feed effects)  I'm using something else, but same principal.

thanks for your help and attention

Mike

update, works a treat- using one of the gates as a mute. I still have alot of work to do!