Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

"Controller Assign" appearing when footswitch presses

urimish

**** Update - workaround found - see below. but still can't figure out why this happened ***

Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help me out here. I have the Helix Floor, v2.92. I'm doing the following (can be easily replicated with any preset):

1. Go to any preset.

2. Using HX Edit, assign a footswitch controller to the "level" parameter of the output block (Type=Latching, min level=0db, max level=3db - the idea was to create a "Vol Boost" footswitch).

3. This works, but has an annoying side effect - whenever I press the assigned footswitch with my foot, besides raising the output level as expected, for some reason the Helix enters the "Controller Assign" page (with the "Pan" parameter).

The problem is that once the "Controller Assign" page is visible, there's no way to use my feet to go back to the home page and I have no way to know I'm on the right preset (the preset name is no longer visible). So once I hit the "Vol boost" footswitch while gigging, I no longer can be sure I'm on the right preset. 

Anyone else seen this? Any ideas how to make the footswitch work without switching to the Controller assign page?

Thanks!

Uri

P.S. just to clarify, I am wearing shoes and this is *not* the touch-sensitive behavior kicking in. 

**** Update - this was "fixed" by changing the "Stomp Select" Global setting to "Touch". However, when you think about it, there was no reason for the Helix to switch to the "Controller Assign" page - it should have just changed the level and stayed in the default display, so this still might be a bug of some kind. 

If the Stomp Select parameter was set to Press or Touch+Press, what you’re describing is the expected behavior. Pressing the footswitch would take you to the edit page for the effect or controller assigned to that footswitch.