Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects amp

macleir

I'm still new to this modeling world and have an amp question so bear with me.  I'm sure it's buried in all of this info somewhere but help with a simple question/suggestion please.  My question is, will this HX Effects sound best thru pretty much any tube amp?  I'm used to playing tube vs ss.     My current amp is a 20 watt tube which is perfect wattage for home practice and playing out occasionally.   Has the option to dial back the wattage at home which is awesome, but it's not a great amp, time for new one.    I won't be using 4 cable method, just straight into amp.     Suggestions appreciated.  thx

I'd say that if you have an amp you like, the HX Effects will work well with it. That's kind of the point of it, I guess.

I mean, there's so many great amps out there nowadays, it's hard to simply suggest one without having some additional parameters as far as what you're looking for. I know what I like, but that might not be what you like.

That's the problem, my amp needs to become a boat anchor.  They always talk about amps that take pedals better than others like several of Fenders.   I guess I'd be looking for a cleaner sound with dirt and tones coming from my HX.  Good news is sounds like the HX Effects takes tube amps well.   Play primarily at home but gig out about 6 times per year. 

Never really got into the FRFR sound.   I appreciate it.