Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hot Guitar Causes POD HD to breakup

mikelynch229

I have having an issue when I am using a hot guitar the POD HD will breakup on attack and as the strings ring, the sound clears up. This especially happens with my Les Paul as opposed to my Strat. Is this normal or is there something going on with my unit?

Thanks -

Mike

3 hours ago, mikelynch229 said:

I have having an issue when I am using a hot guitar the POD HD will breakup on attack and as the strings ring, the sound clears up. This especially happens with my Les Paul as opposed to my Strat. Is this normal or is there something going on with my unit?

Les Paul and other humbucker PU equipped guitars are not only hotter than single coil PU equipped guitars, but their low end is so big that if not lowered in some way can easily cause unwanted bad distortion in the next thing in the chain.

The POD models in particular are very sensitive (maybe too much) to strong bass frequencies in the input signal therefore I suggest to reduce their level as needed with the available controls to get a better balanced tone and a cleaner attack.

If instead the problem is a kind of dissonant ghost notes that overlap the normal ones as they decay, the issue can be solved by lowering the amp models HUM parameter.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

As well as Hurghanico's points, the Pod HD default input settings can cause your input signal to be hotter than you might intend.

There is a thread about it here: https://uk.line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/74045/

and the MeAmBobbo Guide talks about it here: http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/setup#input

If you want to try that quickly, take one of your patches with your LP and set Input 2 Source to Variax (or mic - something you are not using) and see if that cools your input.

DM  

I'm new to this and I'm having a difficult time navigating my way around.

I was wondering if I could ask an unrelated question on my quest in this endeavor?

Q: Will the Bass Pod XT footboard control the rack mount Pod XT Pro or are the dark pink one and the black one or are they entirely different units and thus incompatible?

• 1 month later...