Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How To Let Dt25 Model The Preamp With Hd500 Connected Via L6 Link

NickTheGC

Hey guys.

I'm having a bit of a volume issue that I'm looking to sort out.

As we know, the Vox AC30 preamp on the POD is drastically more quiet that the full version. However, topology 3 on the DT (with no HD500 connected) can go very loud - as loud as all other topologies on the amp.

My question is how/whether I can use the amp to model the AC30 preamp and simply use the HD500 for effects. It's just that the AC30 preamp on the POD is so damn quiet. By this logic, the Vox will be a lot louder, with my HD500 still connected and in use.

Is it doable, or are we herding cats here?

Thanks!

Nick.

As we know, the Vox AC30 preamp on the POD is drastically more quiet that the full version. However, topology 3 on the DT (with no HD500 connected) can go very loud - as loud as all other topologies on the amp.

Have you attempted to make a patch using the A30TB "pre" as the amp selection, and then specifying typology III in the patch editor / HD500edit?

The only way I know of is to remove the Amp model on the HD so the DT will switch to channel B and then use the DT channel B knobs to dial in the settings you want. If any of the default amp models selected by Type I-IV do not fit your bill you need a MIDI editor to change the DT program slots to the amp you want (you can also select the reverb and Cab model you want) and use the Type switch on the DT to pick the amp (or use MIDI control to get the same done in an automated fashion). I have not done any of this, so this is my translation of what the documentation says.

Good luck ...