Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT Not Booting After Update

ACinemaStare

Hi Everyone,

New Helix LT owner. I tried to upgrade to the new firmware and I keep on getting a "Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode!" error. Now HX Edit won't even recognize the Helix and keeps on saying "Connection Interrupted" at the bottom. I tried to do a reset by pressing buttons 9 and 10 and it gets about a half way and I get the Boot Failure error again. Used a different USB chord and nothing at all. I have a 2019 MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.4. I am really new to all of this so any help is appreciated. I apologize if this was brought up elsewhere. I have tried to read some other posts and nothing has helped. Thank you!

On 8/7/2020 at 6:20 AM, ACinemaStare said:

Hi Everyone,

New Helix LT owner. I tried to upgrade to the new firmware and I keep on getting a "Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode!" error. Now HX Edit won't even recognize the Helix and keeps on saying "Connection Interrupted" at the bottom. I tried to do a reset by pressing buttons 9 and 10 and it gets about a half way and I get the Boot Failure error again. Used a different USB chord and nothing at all. I have a 2019 MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.4. I am really new to all of this so any help is appreciated. I apologize if this was brought up elsewhere. I have tried to read some other posts and nothing has helped. Thank you!

Hi,

To save me going through typing all this stuff again this is cut and paste from a previous post in reply to a similar situation.

O.K. go to the "DOWNLOADS" menu at the top of this page and from  "-ALL HARDWARE-" select Helix LT, then leave the "-ALL SOFTWARE-" as is, now select Mac OS X from under the "-ALL OS-" tab. from the next page you can select Helix/HX Firmware 2.92 Flash Memory, then below that you will need the HX Edit 2.92. Now scroll further down the page a grab Line 6 Updater version 1.9. Download all these bits to your Mac( they need to be installed in the Line 6 folder inside your Applications Folder). If as you say this a new Helix LT , unless you have made some presets that you wish to keep then they need to be backed up using HX Edit prior to updating the Firmware. If everything if fine then proceed to next step. Ensure that you have your LT connected to the Mac by USB cable and while turning the power on, hold down foot switches 6 & 12 which will put your LT in safe boot mode and ready to reinstall. Launch the Updater Utility and select "Offline Mode". Your LT and current firmware version should show in the window, click on the dark green coloured band and you should now have the option to select a  local file - point it at the Flash Memory file you down loaded  and let it get on with the update.

Hope this helps/makes sense

EDIT:

Suggestion.

In the lower right hand corner of this screen is a black circle with a white question mark, if you click on it it will open a secondary window from where you can navigate to the link named “USB Connection Issues”. Also, from there, is another link to to an article named “USB Audio Troubleshooting”. 

You may want to read them.

Edited by datacommando
Added links