Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Neck thickness of JTV 59

For a JTV-59,...

~24.46mm at fret-12

~21.88mm at fret-1

+/- whatever the tolerances are.

I don't know if that's with or without the finish coating, no info on that either way.

I know someone will ask.

BTW, I own three JTV-59's,... I know someone will ask that too.

Blue line, somewhere between ~21.88 to 21.98 'ish, doesn't change til further up from there.

My prior specify was from the mechanical drawings, I don't have my calipers here with me

at the moment. BTW, I'm the guy at Line 6 that works on these guitars, which is why I chime in here from time to time.

I'm I happy? H*** Yes! It's why I have three. Plus another four here in the repair lab as test fixtures. Like having

having a near Les Paul with 23 more guitars inside. Always like the way Les Paul's played, this is next best thing

to a vintage Les Paul. Nice.

Measured mine;

first measures are for the distance between string and wood, second measure is total neck. Final result is total minus strings. Love the neck.

1st fret; 23,82mm - 2,71mm = ~21,11mm

12th fret; 25,89mm - 2,81mm = ~23,08mm

55892-DE7-16-B2-4174-9988-4-B7-FA74-C853

FFE347-DE-7-C95-4-B8-F-B3-DC-68752-AC85-

0113-E9-E2-7-D3-D-4555-AE9-A-AE31-CF00-B

CDA5020-D-9802-42-FD-911-B-E8417-A98102-

14574784-DECA-402-A-AE98-D4-F1-CDE75-D87

78-BDC359-AFC4-4-F26-8-F08-0-F36082-B477

What's chunky to some is slim to others. I find that Les Paul type guitars are chunky to Strat and Tele players.

I'm used to all sorts. Classical and 12-string necks, Fender, Gibson, Ricki,... they're all guitars to me.

I also have three JTV-69's to go with my 59's. Black 59 is nice. When I crewed for the band Iron Butterfly in the '70's,

their guitar player had a '53 or '57 Les Paul, it played great. Black 59 reminds me of that.

• 3 months later...

I ordered my JTV-59 from Sweetwater. I originally wanted the Cherry Sunburst, but it was out, as was my second choice, Tobacco Sunburst. Well, I figured I'd order the black then. It came in and had a problem. I contacted Sweetwater and set up a return, but I told my contact that the website said that they have tobacco's in stock even though he said they were still out. He checked and said that they did indeed get a shipment in, so he sent me a tobacco. I wasn't really happy with the way the black looked, but I LOVE the look of the tobacco.