Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Split Amp+Cab block

chusx

Hello!

I've got several presets that use an "Amp+Cab" block, and I want to split that into separate "Amp" and "Cab" blocks, but without losing the settings of the "Amp+Cab" block.

I've tried copying the "Amp+Cab" block and then changing the block type of one of the copies to "Amp" and the other to "Cab", but it resets all the settings.

Is there any way to do that?

Thanks!

I haven't found a way yet in the first 10 days of using a HX Stomp, save for rebuilding them step by step.

If you manage the presets via the HX Edit app, it's pretty fast:

1. Duplicate the preset and change the 2nd one to Amp and Cab.
  2. Put both next to each other in the list so that you can quickly switch back and forth via "Preset up" and "Preset down", with Amp being the active block on both. Save each so that this setting sticks.
  3. Adjust each parameter to match.

Should be a matter of a minute.

Optionally you can do it old skool by utilizing, uh… pencil and paper. :)

16 hours ago, lou-kash said:

I haven't found a way yet in the first 10 days of using a HX Stomp, save for rebuilding them step by step.

If you manage the presets via the HX Edit app, it's pretty fast:

1. Duplicate the preset and change the 2nd one to Amp and Cab.
  2. Put both next to each other in the list so that you can quickly switch back and forth via "Preset up" and "Preset down", with Amp being the active block on both. Save each so that this setting sticks.
  3. Adjust each parameter to match.

Should be a matter of a minute.

This is what I'm actually doing right now, but I've got lots of presets to convert and I wished there was a faster method. Thanks for the response anyway!

Too bad you can't duplicate it then remove the cab (which, behind the scenes would actually replace the block with the amp-only version and replicate the settings for you).  Definitely something that could be coded in, but I bet it would be a huge task for them since it likely would require custom code or some kind of custom lookup/copy system for each and every amp that is available, which is a heck of a lot.

At least we can get by ourselves by manually copying the settings - just like the old days if you had a backup amp on stage... you'd spend time setting controls similarly between them (unless you were very successful and had a roadie/tech I guess LoL).