Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Midicontroller over Variax Input

kabaius

Hello,

at the moment i use the helix floor in combination with a midicontroller.

The Controller gets the powersupply from the variax-input of the helix and sends the midisignal to the midi-in from the helix.

Is it possible to send the midi-signal over the variax-input so i dont need the second cable (midi-in).

If yes, which pins i have to connect?

thanks for your help

The Variax is proprietary, not standard midi. I highly doubt the Helix is going to listen to the VDI port for anything more than what the Variax can offer, and in the format the Variax can transmit. If you get it to work at all... it will likely only change some variax settings on the Helix. If you are really lucky, you might find a CC number that matches the tone control on a Variax.... then you will have a single variable control that can be assigned to almost anything on the Helix (that's equivalent to an exp pedal, not a midi controller). 

IMO... having the VDI port power your controller is already a brilliant move.... just run the short midi cable and take advantage of all the options you now have!