Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd 500 High Notes

naruto177

I love my POD HD 500 and its amazing! I heard in songs that they have a guitar tone or EQ idk where they guitar sings but you can feel a room with hitting the 21 fret on the 1st string. I use a 20ms delay and reverb but its sounds very high and thin.

How can i thicken it up? i am a newb at eq'ing if thats what i got to do. so if u can please describe it for me i would appreciate it!

Thanks!

A lot of things can help or hurt here. 

Layering 2 delays with 250ms and 500 ms delay time.

Compression both before and after the amp/cab model or even after the reverb.

Resonance and EQ adjustments.

Guitar pickups and string height.

A trick I do for playing live is to place an additional compressor after the amp/cab model and adjust it where single notes sound just as loud as a full chord.  This let's me cut through a mix and gives me a bigger sound for leads.

Here's my patch.  It may give you some ideas.

http://www.childrenofthegraveband.com/BlackSabbath.hbe

• Upvote 1

There's no question that technique is very important, but so is tone.  I've plugged into many an amp over the years and wondered why some amps have great sustain and some suck.  Years ago, I played through some combo amp that was average at best and one night it had great tone and sustain that lasted forever.  I remember thinking, why is it working so well tonight ?  Same guitar, same songs, same band, same settings...  It never did it again.

One thing I like about the PODHD, it always works the same everytime.  Of course having a pair of JCM900 heads I plug it into don't hurt either.