Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Floor Tap Tempo LED Repair?

KozMcCharlie

I also posted this over on TGP, but on the off chance that someone who is here and not there knows...

Has anyone found a way to either replace or repair the LED for Tap Tempo or any of the other LEDs on the switches? My very out of warranty Floor (also purchased used, so...) decided to quit flashing, and switch 11 has one color (green I think) that is intermittent.

Couldn't find any useful parts on Full Compass, though sometimes they're buried.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thinking about it some more I think you're right. I've seen some aggressive tap tempoing(?) and given that the other problem LED is right next door it could be a bad solder joint due to excessive, jackhammer-like vibration in the region. I'll try opening it up and seeing what's going on in there.

Just wanted to update in case someone searches for this in the future...

Had some time to undo all the screws and take out the board today. While nothing looked to be broken, I did end up getting half of the Tap Tempo LED and the missing color on half of switch 11 working while probing with a sharp chopstick. I didn't really want to risk trying to heat those tiny solder points, and they really are head of a pin tiny, so I left it at that and reassembled.

Tapped the switch with more force that I ever would in the real world for about 10 minutes and everything remained working, so, while not fully restored, I'm happy with the result of a visual tempo indicator...

• Like 1