Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pedalboard power supply for the Pod Go?

Heatly85

2 hours ago, Heatly85 said:

Can anyone suggest a pedalboard power supply that works well with the Pod Go?

you can easily go with the Truetone one spot pro cs6, or cs/higher number depending on your total mA needs. But the CS6 is enough for the pod go and a little more. I have the CS6 so just ask if you need. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, olerabbit said:

This is what I will try in the near future. Don't know if it will be working noiseless. Costs 12 bucks and is for POD Go explicit. Meets the specs exactly.

https://myvolts.de/product/45382/9V_Line-6_Effektpedal_Pod-GO_Netzteil_Ladegerat?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0rrLrbSY7AIVBt-yCh1b2wLHEAQYBSABEgKrxvD_BwE

Be aware that the psu in the link is 'center positive'. Pod Go requires a psu with 'center negative' ...

Thanks for your hint, penderlyng. I wrote an Email to myvolts and asked if either the specs wont fit or if the product picture is wrong. As soon as I get an answer I will inform you.

I also asked Thomann (the biggest reseller in Europe). They offer a power supply for 18 bucks which should perfectly fit for POD Go as they told me:

https://www.thomann.de/de/thomann_power_supply_uni_5_15v_dc_3a.htm. But one customer review criticized noise and hum. I asked Thomann about this, too.

And I asked them for the price of an original L6 power supply for POD Go. It's obviously rather difficult to get a replacement.

Thomann have several psu's that may work - for instance https://www.thomann.de/dk/joyo_jp_03_power_supply.htm
I believe that 2000 mAh is enough?

The Myvolts psu might work as well - you'll just need an adapter to reverse the output polarity ...

I orderd the Thomann power supply and tested it. Unfortunately it doesn’t work. It makes noise you can hear through the PA.

Maybe the reason is that: it’s printed on the device „For office equipment use only“. Useless for musical use for me.

On the other hand the original L6 supply works  absolutely silent.

The other option was myvolts located in Dublin. Meanwhile there a 3 questions concerning center positive but no answers yet.

If I test to answer on my own I am routed to Page 404. I decided not to buy there.

The specs require 2,5 A. I am not sure if a power supply with only 2 A. will meet the technical needs.

Maybe it works but to be sure I would ask L6 before I buy .

So I inquired the original L6 device with Thomann. Price and time of delivery. 

I inquired the original L6 PS and Thomann offered me a "SP1085784 Power Supply". Just to be sure I asked them to confirm that this is the inquired original L6 PS for POD Go. I assume it should be the right one. It's available and costs 49 €. I have not yet confirmed my order for  my 1 unit because I await T's confirmation.

After their confirmation I will order 1 unit for me.

@pederlyng: if you are interested please write a Email to sc.kundenservice@thomann.de stating your customer number if you have one. Maybe T orders 2 units ...

I found another alternative for 13 € which meets the technical specs and those of the plug (5x5*2,1):

https://www.reichelt.de/de/de/steckernetzteil-22-w-9-v-2-55-a-mw-gst25e09-p171097.html?PROVID=2788&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy-Tm5Mak7AIVitwYCh3y8QBuEAYYAiABEgLaB_D_BwE&&r=1.

I don’t know how good it is isolated against electromagnetic infiltration.

And meanwhile myvolts answered:

though the picture says center positive their database says center negative. If you buy one you’ll get the right one they say. The ps costs 12 € there..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi !

On 10/10/2020 at 1:43 PM, olerabbit said:

I found another alternative for 13 € which meets the technical specs and those of the plug (5x5*2,1):

https://www.reichelt.de/de/de/steckernetzteil-22-w-9-v-2-55-a-mw-gst25e09-p171097.html?PROVID=2788&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy-Tm5Mak7AIVitwYCh3y8QBuEAYYAiABEgLaB_D_BwE&&r=1.

I don’t know how good it is isolated against electromagnetic infiltration.

And meanwhile myvolts answered:

though the picture says center positive their database says center negative. If you buy one you’ll get the right one they say. The ps costs 12 € there..

I got the one at Myvolts. It comes with an adapter to reverse the polarity and it does work BUT it generates some noise. It would be ok as a backup just to finish a gig, in case of, but not more.

I told Myvolts aboutnthat and they refunded me.

Cheers.