Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume Loss From Guitar Pedal in FX Loop

ACinemaStare

I just got a Helix LT and I’m still in the process of learning everything. I am trying to run my Boss DD-200 through the FX loop. When I run the pedal I notice a considerable loss of volume and some tone. Is there a way to fix this?

Also. Is there a good topic on how to run both a clean and a dirty amp on the same preset? Can I assign a dirty amp to a footswitch? Trying to research this and I’m not sure what to research to see how to do that. 

2 hours ago, ACinemaStare said:

I just got a Helix LT and I’m still in the process of learning everything. I am trying to run my Boss DD-200 through the FX loop. When I run the pedal I notice a considerable loss of volume and some tone. Is there a way to fix this?

Also. Is there a good topic on how to run both a clean and a dirty amp on the same preset? Can I assign a dirty amp to a footswitch? Trying to research this and I’m not sure what to research to see how to do that. 

If you have your LT  FX loop send 1 and 2 into the input A and B on the DD-200 then Output A & B back into return 1and 2 you should be fine. You have the option to adjust the level sent in and out and how it is mixed back in. 

Check page 31 of the LT Owner’s Manual

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3e07b158e5548ea50d4/application/pdf/Helix LT Owner's Manual - English .pdf#page31

Clean and dirty amps can be switched in various way, assigned to a regular foot-switch, or even better a “snapshot”, which is like having preset inside presets. If you wanted to, you can blend from one amp to another using the expression pedal.

As for research the best option would be to check out the tutorial videos made by Jason Sadites, they seem to be the industry standard for newbies on this forum. Here ya go - how to start with snapshots.

Have fun.

• Upvote 1