Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Drum Box

enjalt

4 hours ago, enjalt said:

Hi,

Just Wondering if in a future update, it will be planned to add some drum boxes functions on the Helix.

Does someone heard any infos on this?

This topic crops up every so often, in a similar way to the “why doesn’t the looper do xyz?”

The idea has been mentioned right from way back in August 2016, when one regular contributor “Spikey” came up with the answer that many agreed with:

“I’d rather them work on just the "guitar" parts of Helix. New amps, cabs, effects. Most of your ideas are ok, but OTOH I don't want or desire a swiss army knife of other musical toys taking away from the processing abilities of a better sounding guitar processor for later. There are hundreds of drum software titles on the market, each with the ability to provide a metronome or beat available should we need or desire it. As always YMMV.  :)”

It has also been pointed out on many occasions that the owners manual page 21 describes using the Helix send/return function for connecting a drum machine etc.

I recall that in a previous post about having long loops and drum beats within Helix,  I mentioned that if you use a Boss RC-10R you can get 6 hours of recording and a built in rhythm box, with 16 different drum kits. Surely more that enough for jamming out ideas? There are many Helix users working with Beatbuddy and Trio and there are many more options for multi-track loops, without having Line 6 re-invent the wheel. Let them get on with the amps and FX.

Another thread here - with a link to IdeaScale should you wish to vote for a metronome?(even though you can get that from your phone!)

Personally, I don’t want the “Swiss Army Knife” Helix.

Hope this helps/makes sense.