Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New here! About HX Effects and Orange TH30

DrGrijando

Hello everyone!

Just purchased my HX Effects a couple of weeks ago and I´m so happy with it. It works so great in most of my amps, but I got some issues on my Orange TH30 head.

I use the 4 Cable method as it was explained on HX´s Cheatsheet, but something goes wrong. When I turn on my amp, only sounds the clean channel so loud! Can´t change channel and pots did not work either, and there´s also a lot of annoying noise.

I want to use my HX Effects with this amp the same way I did with others I have. Sure I did something wrong

Hope you can help me.

Cheers!

Jau.

PS: My english is quite awful so I need thing to be explained as simple as you can. Many thanks in advance!

13 hours ago, DrGrijando said:

Hello everyone!

Just purchased my HX Effects a couple of weeks ago and I´m so happy with it. It works so great in most of my amps, but I got some issues on my Orange TH30 head.

I use the 4 Cable method as it was explained on HX´s Cheatsheet, but something goes wrong. When I turn on my amp, only sounds the clean channel so loud! Can´t change channel and pots did not work either, and there´s also a lot of annoying noise.

I want to use my HX Effects with this amp the same way I did with others I have. Sure I did something wrong

Hope you can help me.

Cheers!

Jau.

PS: My english is quite awful so I need thing to be explained as simple as you can. Many thanks in advance!

Hi Jau,

If you have your guitar connected to the HXFX and your OrangeTH30 exactly as shown on the cheatsheet, then it should work properly.

From what you describe I would suggest that you try an eliminate every link in the chain that might create this problem. This means that you need to check every cable one by one (simple if you have a cable tester). Start by going straight from the guitar to the amp, with each cable, while using the amps latching foot switch to flip from clean to dirty channel. If everything is working O.K., patch in the HXFX as shown in the diagram. If the problem recurs, try plugging the HX FX directly into the front of the amp using a preset with something like a simple mono delay block to see if that gives a clean signal through the TH30. Process of elimination - you need to figure out if it is a problem with the amp FX Loop or the HXFX unit. I imagine that you have a computer for editing and maybe a DAW. If you do have a computer then you can check that the HX is working as it should. If you find there is a fault with the HXFX box you can have it exchanged under warranty.

Hope this helps/makes sense.