Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD GO Built in Expression Pedal Stopped Working

kurdtcobain77

Hey guys

Not sure if this is a thing but my expression pedal seems to have failed tonight.  Thought it might be something I messed with within a patch I created but it wasn't functioning on any patch even after a full factory reset and firmware update it doesn't control either the wah or volume position parameters.  It clicks at the toe between EXP1 and EXP2 so the switch works.  The unit was purchased late June and hardly been used really.  Super disappointed as I've loved every second of it after coming back to digital multi effects after going analogue for like 20 years.  This system is killa and I just hope it can survive long term.

I've raised a ticket with Line 6 and messaged the store and will keep this updated just in case anyone else gets a similar issue.  I'm half hoping I've actually messed up and its user error and a quick fix as to be without it now would be painful!

Cheers

There's another thread about it, could just be one of the multiple Pod Go common crash/bug issues...  search the forum... If I wasn't so exhausted from a long day at work and a frustrating evening trying to figure out Pod Go Edit snapshots, I'd have looked for you, but I'm just too darn exhausted right now...  :\  (gawd im such a drama queen lol)

I did another full wipe and update to the latest firmware 1.12 and still the same again.  Both green and red lights switch on/off for EXP1 and EXP2 so the switch is working fine as it should.  Probably an issue with the optical part I guess which is odd as I thought that was the best most robust form of expression control.  Just unlucky I guess.  I use wah on like most songs (aka Kirk Hammett) and love how it doubled as the volume too.  This thing is so well designed and thought out.  Can't wait to figure this out and it get it running 100% again!

• 10 months later...

It was a ribbon cable inside the unit that was getting crushed slightly by the casing and adding pressure to the top connector creating the anomaly which I could replicate by pushing it ever so slightly. I managed to push the ribbon cable further between the circuit boards with a credit card and created a slightly larger notch in the plastic casing to give it more clearance. I reported this to Line 6 as this could easily happen again to someone else. It all depends how it’s hand assembled and this cable is folded as there’s little room for them not to fold it differently and the bends being slightly in the wrong place. The fault never reappeared. This had nothing to do with software or firmware at all. It’s a physical fault. 

C0E8D15E-5FAD-4BE7-86F9-6B21D77998CF.jpeg

E197FE7B-3549-4A12-B4B6-AA139B42DC43.jpeg