Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 don't sell replacement cables or accessories.

Recently my Sonic Port VX stopped working and I think -working with Line 6 Customer services -I've narrowed down the issue to the lightning port cable.

I found:

Sonic port VX >line6 lightning cable>ios device = No response

Sonic port VX >standard mini USB out> official apple USB to lightning adaptor>ios device = message on apple device saying "accessory requires too much power"

Sonic port VX> standard mini USB out> powered USB hub connection> official apple USB to lightning adaptor>ios device = everything works... but this is not a convenient and portable solution.

Sonic port VX> standard mini USB out> windows computer = works fine

So whilst I can use Sonic port VX> standard mini USB out> powered USB hub connection> official apple USB to lightning adaptor>ios device, to get it to work -the whole thing is no longer mobile, losing one of the main elements that attracted me to device in the first place.

Customer services say they can't sell me the lead, and have only 1 supplier in the UK I can use Sontec.

Sontec told me a replacement cable is £56.81 -and it's Line6's fault.

This is nearly same price as a brand new sonic port (which you can buy new for £63). 

If anyone has a spare they'd be willing to part with let me know! Otherwise I suppose I'll have to buy 2nd hand sonic port from ebay or something in hope the cable works...