Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hiss When Nothing Is Playing

darkcloud1

I love using the AMPLIFI to play music....sounds better than my Sonos or Bose docking station. It's worth $hundreds just on that feature. However, I just noticed a very annoying hiss when the music is not playing. If you play music loud when its off you are left with a loud static-sounding hiss (I ran back in the room thought water was running, seriously, it's a loud hiss). Anyone have this HISS issue as well? Any way to stop it?

Also: ALL my songs don't copy over? I select a band, and it copies CDs, except most of them have only 1 or 2 songs? the rest of the CD is not there. (I can toggle the switch to show the songs not on device or show two that copied over). I am confused as to why they aren't showing, shouldn't it copy ALL the songs off the HD? The songs are ON my iPad, I can play them in iTunes but not in AMPLIFI.

Also: ALL my songs don't copy over? I select a band, and it copies CDs, except most of them have only 1 or 2 songs? the rest of the CD is not there. (I can toggle the switch to show the songs not on device or show two that copied over). I am confused as to why they aren't showing, shouldn't it copy ALL the songs off the HD?

The Amplifi app only can play songs that are actually downloaded to your iPad or iPhone. So, if you're using iTunes Match, you might have a bunch of songs that show up in the app that you can't play. To get them to play, you have to go into the Apple Music app and play or download those songs. Then when you go back into the Amplifi app, they'll play and the app will search automatically for tone matches.

Also: ALL my songs don't copy over? I select a band, and it copies CDs, except most of them have only 1 or 2 songs? the rest of the CD is not there. (I can toggle the switch to show the songs not on device or show two that copied over). I am confused as to why they aren't showing, shouldn't it copy ALL the songs off the HD?

It's possible that tonematch has no matches, so it shows nothing. The song should be available to click on under your library. If it's not, its likely itunes denying the match and dropping the handshake that line6's app gets when reading the library.  TLDR: it's itunes being dumb

I don't think you read my post accurately, Phil. (not sure if your post is an automated response or not)

I'm not using iTunes match. I have plugged into iTunes and selected the CD/artists. The songs have been downloaded to my iPad but the songs will not play using AMPLIFI, they are listed but greyed out. Except for one or two. Typically, the single or most popular songs on the CD, thankfully.

I know ALL the songs are there because I checked, and (I can play them using iTunes as stated on my first post) Issue is those same songs are listed but cannot be played using the AMPLIFI app.

Also, you have a lot of posts, so I am assuming you are knowledgeable. Can you address my original question and the title of this thread.

"LOTS OF HISS WHEN THE AMP IS ON AND NOTHING IS PLAYING?"  ty 

Phil, Try turning on itunes match to enable the metadata to stream down to the ios app. I know line 6 reads the itunes match data but cannot provide analysis since i don't currently own this amp. I would own this amp if they provided simple instructions and a full manual. Maybe i'll buy one and post some videos so people know what they are buying.

I love using the AMPLIFI to play music....sounds better than my Sonos or Bose docking station. It's worth $hundreds just on that feature. However, I just noticed a very annoying hiss when the music is not playing. If you play music loud when its off you are left with a loud static-sounding hiss (I ran back in the room thought water was running, seriously, it's a loud hiss). Anyone have this HISS issue as well? Any way to stop it?

I bet you have an FBV Mk 2 controller hooked up. Unplug it.

Regarding the hiss, is it a hiss or a buzz?  Is your guitar plugged in at the time?  Is the white (guitar mix) volume turned up at all? 

Turning the white volume (mix/input volume) down to zero eliminated hiss on my 75, even with the red volume at 100%.  This is with my guitar unplugged, using the AMPLIFi as a Bluetooth boom box.

Not sure about the library issue.  I haven't experienced it (yet, at least...).  Unless others have experienced it and resolved it, you might have to wait for a FAQ or Manual from Line 6.