Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

sustain pedal effect in PodGo

medved_wanders

Sustain pedals are basically compressors (compress sound; made low volume sounds loud), and in the Go appear under 'Dynamics'. I'm really not the expert in compressors, and I've not yet explored every one in the Go in detail, but there's a lot in the Go!  Searching for 'best sustainers', the MXR Dyna Comp is often recommended as a sustainer, it's the "Red Squeeze" in Go.  The Xotic SP compressor comes up (ex; "Really great as a sustain!", " doubles my sustain without altering my original tone "etc.), "kinky comp" in go, etc.  Just playing quickly with some of them, I really like the Rochester Comp. But yeah there's a lot of choice!

https://helixhelp.com/models/

image.thumb.png.7d5da588c65f44a645cde07bda735901.png

This thread has a lot of info/comments on compressors: 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, grdGo33 said:

Sustain pedals are basically compressors (compress sound; made low volume sounds loud), and in the Go appear under 'Dynamics'. I'm really not the expert in compressors, and I've not yet explored every one in the Go in detail, but there's a lot in the Go!  Searching for 'best sustainers', the MXR Dyna Comp is often recommended as a sustainer, it's the "Red Squeeze" in Go.  The Xotic SP compressor comes up (ex; "Really great as a sustain!", " doubles my sustain without altering my original tone "etc.), "kinky comp" in go, etc.  Just playing quickly with some of them, I really like the Rochester Comp. But yeah there's a lot of choice!

grdgo33 would you please stop downvoting me for each post I do?!?! Alright I un-downvoted you some of your posts but left a couple because you where just useless complaining and trolling, actually. I'm not downvoting you for each and every post like you are doing to me!! Or, if you will continue, I will too, for each of your posts, but  I guess that would be pretty useless for each of us.

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, grdGo33 said:

Please use PMs if you want to discuss, don't hijack a random thread... FYI, I just don't agree with some of your comments...

I don't know how to pm here. No reason to downvote just because you don't agree with my posts...what's not to like of what I've answered about the sustain pedal thing?!?! You know that reputation goes down when you downvote... Just stop it.

30 minutes ago, cristt said:

what's not to like of what I've answered about the sustain pedal thing?!?!

There's more than a dozen types of compressors...  Saying there's "not really" any sustain pedal in the Go is silly...!  https://www.sustainpunch.com/guitar-sustain-pedals/

30 minutes ago, cristt said:

I don't know how to pm here. No reason to downvote just because you don't agree with my posts...

ok bro, turns out I don't know how to PM here either...  Since you had mass downvoted (7?  Without even reading them all by your own admission?  lol), I thought I'd also use the function to express my genuine disagreement with any of your comments as I encountered them.  Didn't think you'd freak out at 2 since you handed out dislikes like candy...  Now seems you've childishly downvoted a few more of my comments in retribution, but anyway, I'm not keeping score, just abide by the golden rule and we're good.  (Treat others as you would like others to treat you).

1 hour ago, grdGo33 said:

There's more than a dozen types of compressors...  Saying there's "not really" any sustain pedal in the Go is silly...!  https://www.sustainpunch.com/guitar-sustain-pedals/

ok bro, turns out I don't know how to PM here either...  Since you had mass downvoted (7?  Without even reading them all by your own admission?  lol), I thought I'd also use the function to express my genuine disagreement with any of your comments as I encountered them.  Didn't think you'd freak out at 2 since you handed out dislikes like candy...  Now seems you've childishly downvoted a few more of my comments in retribution, but anyway, I'm not keeping score, just abide by the golden rule and we're good.  (Treat others as you would like others to treat you).

"sustain" doesn't not mean "compressor pedal" straight, at all!! Sustain is just a characteristic that you may get from a compressor, if setup in a certain way. And I just offered my interpretation of what "sustain" could mean by the user. Don't know why this bothered you so much! I admittedly un-downvoted some of your comments, you don't even read. Yeah it was enough for me to see the star treck memes and the blatantly pseudo-insults of your posts to downvote, I think that was well enough. But again, I un-downvoted because I didn't want to go on with this thing, I'm downvoting also your post up here, see? I left some because you desearved it.

Well, so far so good. Take care.