Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone have an IR for the DT25 combo?

Fenderflame28

Hi all 

I'm wondering if anyone knows of an IR using DT25 1X12 or another combo with a 1X12 and the same speaker? It would really help when setting up my Helix at the computer to hear what it might sound like through the amp. If I could audition amps and FX through headphones or studio monitors with a DT25 IR in the chain it could save me a lot of time tweaking when I'm set up at band rehearsal.

Thanks 

• 4 months later...

So, I watched this video:

https://youtu.be/h6qZoC7W_EQ

And had a go myself. I don't have an SM57 so I unscrewed the cap of my SM58 to mimic it and set up the mic slightly off axis, slightly off centre about 10cm back and made some IRs for  the four different power amp options.

IMG_2486.JPG.babbc633874c3971566587d00118717a.JPG

IMG_2487.JPG.a78f89339d77b947ce899aa4396ad041.JPG

Let me know what you think.

DT25 Class AB Triode_dc.wavDT25 Class AB Pentode_dc.wavDT25 Class A Triode_dc.wavDT25 Class A Pentode_dc.wav

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fairly happy with the IRs for a first shot at it. I fed the mic output into Garageband and then took Garageband output into the FX loop return on the amp to make a loop. I then recorded a sine wave 'sweep' for each variant of the power amp and deconvoluted it to get the IR. This means it should have captured the power amp, speaker, cabinet and mic (and a bit of the room).

I'd say I like the pentode class AB best - it really tightens the sound up so it sounds like a single source rather than just a chain of effects. It's particularly noticeable on higher gain sounds with time based effects (IR at the end of the chain). You may need to put a short room reverb in there to get a better 'amp in the room'.

Have a go with them and let me know what you think.