Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jtv59 playing bass octaves, need help with helix lt presets

Hi,

Does anyone use the Variax tuning to drop the low E and A strings down one octave? I do, and it works great to enable bass lines under the treble strings. My question is, I’m getting a helix lt and my goal is to create presets with clean bass out one output, with say, dirty chords out a different output. I’d appreciate some feedback as to where to go for setting up performance presets, Are there any jtv/ helix preset designers who know what I’m talking about? Thank you, good people. DR

• 2 weeks later...

Also, as of firmware v2.80 Helix supports Variax string level settings. You could create a dual input preset, set both inputs to Variax, set the treble string levels to zero on the clean bass path, leave the levels normal for the dirty chord path, and independently process the paths/strings. Set the path outputs differently as desired.