Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switching presets makes DAW "Play"

Steverudduk

Hello,

I have recently started using HELIX Floor as the interface between my laptop and Reaper via USB and been well impressed with the results.

However, I do have a little issue. When hooked-up as described, switching presets on the HELIX (using foot-switches or the presets knob) Reaper receives a "Play" command.

Not too much of an issue if the presets are next to each other, but a real pain if scrolling thru a set-list when they are spaced a number of places apart.

There is only one preset on the device which has some of the foot-switches configured to "talk" to Reaper i.e. "Play" "Stop" "Record", but it is not being used in this instance.

Can anyone throw any light on what might be causing this behaviour?

Firmware 2.92

Reaper v6.13

Windows 10

Steve

I can’t throw any light on what’s causing the behaviour but I can suggest a crude work-around. There’s a global setting to control whether or not Helix sends midi over USB. You can turn it off but that means you won’t be able to use it in the one preset configured for it.

That's what was going to be my last resort, but just thought someone here on the forum may have come across this issue and found a different solution that does not involve having to reset global settings depending upon the task in hand.

Thanks again, Steve