Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Pod Go with Pedals?

raiders757

Hello. Loving my Pod Go more and more. I was just curious. I would like to use my compressor, reverb, noise gate,  and Supa Trem pedals with my Pod Go to save room for more options when programming patches etc...

What is the best way to go about this? Compressor pedal between the guitar and input? Pedals in effects loop? 

I am currently running my Pod Go into my Headrush FRFR-108.

There’s no right or wrong here. Different players place different pedals at different places in the signal chain. Experiment and trust your ears. 

There’s also a 3rd option for pedal placement - between the POD Go outputs and the speaker. For instance, a compressor pedal is sometimes preferred at the beginning of the chain and sometimes at the end. Only you can determine your preference.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Yeah there are no strict rules, however typically you would put your reverb last in the chain. Comp and trem could go first or last depending on what result you want to achieve and how you like it best. So for example you could put comp between guitar and pod, rev between pod and amp and tremolo in fx loop, or both trem and rev in fx loop.

Personally I would ditch the noise gate pedal: the pod go has already a built-in gate available in the input "block" so that doesn't take up any room for additional fx.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the replies.  I am very familiar with all the pedal placement tricks etc... as I have three pedalboards and over a hundred pedals.  I am new to modulation though and wasn't sure how nice the Pod Go would play with pedals.

Think I'll try your idea Cristt and see how it works out.