Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

left knob (Preset) works the other way around

psilbert

I purchased a second hand Helix Floor and have a strange problem. Well, the left knob (Preset) works the other way around: turning it to the right decreases the preset numbering, turning it to the left increases it. I tried to change something in the settings and can't find a change in the direction of the knob. Factory reset doesn't help either. It seems unlikely to me that the factory was wired upside down. Is there any way to change this in the settings?

If you move it very slowly does it still work backwards?  If you wiggle it clockwise and counter clockwise, does it behave consistently?

If it changes sometimes, and sometimes goes up, not down, or it jumps around in the values, then the control might need to be replaced.

If it's consistent, and you can slow it down to accurately get the correct value you want, just always turning it backwards.... then at least it is useful still!  Maybe it was replaced and wired wrong?  Who knows....

That might be good, like I said.  At least you can use it!  If a digital encoder wears out, it'll get jumpy - turn it a bit one way or the other and it'll jump to some random value, often in the opposite direction.  If you are able to control it - be thankful.

I'm very curious though why it's backwards!