Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Celestion Ruby IR....

codamedia

I am just curious if anyone has tried the Celestion Ruby IR.... (any variation of cab) yet? 

I just picked up a 5 pack from Celestion.... mostly the old faithfuls such as a 2x12 Open Back with Blue Bells, a G12M Greenbacks and Vintage 30's both in closed back cabs, and an A series 2x12 Open Back. I knew I wanted those ones.... that was easy. 

When listening to samples the RUBY is the one that grabbed me most. Since the actual Ruby was only introduced in the last couple years, I have no real life experience with the real speaker. I tend to like darker sounding speakers, and this one jumped out at me. So far with limited testing in my home studio I am loving the tones I get from the 1x12 Open Back IR... but until I get it to a stage I can't say for certain if I like it as much as I seem to. 

• 2 months later...

Fast forward a few months.... I'm just providing a quick update.

For anyone that likes a warm, thick, mid rich tone I would highly recommend taking a look at the RUBY IR's from Celestion. It's difficult to describe... they have the complexity of the Blue Bells (Vox Amps) with the mid depth of vintage green backs. I currently use the Ruby on about 80% of my tones and I am very happy with them. 

NOTE: If you like "glassy" top end...this is likely not for you :)