Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spyder V 120 amp Vs. Pod Go

Alkenney

I have a Spyder V 120 amp which I really like for many reasons. Is the Pod Go and a powercap 112 my next step up? Or will it just give me sounds I basically already have?  I see videos on the web showing Helix vs. the Pod Go but non comparing the Spyder V to it...

Additional questions:

1) I have the footswitch and I like having the app for my Ipad to switch tones and get tones from the cloud posted by others. Does the Pod Go have an app?

2) I also love being able to get tones from the cloud posted by others. Does the Pod Go allow me to do that or do I have to build any new (non preset) tones on my own?

Thanks for any info you can provide?

PodGO has a computer editor, but it does not have an editor for mobile device like Spider V/Spider Remote.

User created tones can be downloaded from customtone.com for PodGO.

You will find a lot of similar amps/cabs/effects between PodGO and Spider V, but the PodGO uses the same model set found in Helix, so the quality of modeling is much higher. PodGO also has an effects loop so you can easily use it with other external pedals. 

• 8 months later...

Yes I did buy the PodGO, there are somethings about it I like better than the Spyder V and others not as much. I like the feature of going to the cloud and getting other people tones to start with as it save a lot of time. Seems like on the Podgo they don't have this feature. I've bought a few "tone packs" some being good (Pink Floyd pack) and some not any better than the one other users create.