Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Get my JTV 59 Today, just 2 questions.

Hello

Just receive today my beautifull baby JTV 59 Tobacco!

lollipopING NICE guitar ! Really impressed about!

The real pickups are awesome too! LOVE IT

But just 2 questions:

1 - Is it normal that the bridge is so high? (guitar sound good and confortable)

2- The volume knob is not in a good position, it's not a drama(I had the same problem on my Gibson)  but how can I set it good, because it seem that the knob is really hard to remove

TX

IMG_20200821_113202.jpg

JTV 59.jpg

knob.jpg

1) Yes, the factory setting for the bridge may seem a bit high. That’s because the JTV 59 comes with jumbo frets which are themselves a bit higher off the fretboard. You can lower the bridge but beware of fret buzz.

2) Not sure what you mean. The picture shows that the guitar body is sloped where the knob is so that creates a small gap at the lower edge of the knob. Is that what you’re talking about?

2 hours ago, Punkyboy said:

Hello

Just receive today my beautifull baby JTV 59 Tobacco!

lollipopING NICE guitar ! Really impressed about!

The real pickups are awesome too! LOVE IT

But just 2 questions:

1 - Is it normal that the bridge is so high? (guitar sound good and confortable)

2- The volume knob is not in a good position, it's not a drama(I had the same problem on my Gibson)  but how can I set it good, because it seem that the knob is really hard to remove

TX

IMG_20200821_113202.jpg

JTV 59.jpg

knob.jpg

1) That's a setup issue... bridge height, neck relief, whether or not the nut is properly slotted, etc etc, are all parameters that affect each other and the playability of the instrument. Despite the existence of "factory specs" (whatever they are),  it's really personal preference. If you're unfamiliar with setup adjustments, take it to someone who is.

2) It's a carved top... don't think there's much you can do about that.

1 hour ago, silverhead said:

2) Not sure what you mean. The picture shows that the guitar body is sloped where the knob is so that creates a small gap at the lower edge of the knob. Is that what you’re talking about?

Yes

But the tone knob is OK, not the volume one , but the knobs are well aligned, it's just this little hollow that we see.

I just compared your photo to my JTV59. It looks very similar; perhaps a tad less gap on the lower edge of the knob but a more pronounced depression of the edge on the upper side. As mentioned, the top is not flat. You can't fight the geometry on this. There's going to be a gap and/or a depression on the lower and upper knob edges.