Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

ASIO Driver fails to load (Win10, 2004)

cdeguise

Hi All,

I am at my end on this one. I have a Surface Book 3 running Windows 10, 2004. I cant get the ASIO driver to load. The USB driver works fine and I can edit via HX Edit, but with out the ASIO driver I can't use the Helix as an audio interface for recording anymore. I have searched the forums and most solutions were to just reinstall a couple times.

I have a ticket open with Line 6, but was hoping someone might have some tips for deep diving on this one. I am sitting on 5K of equipment that can't talk to each other :-(.

I have done the following:

* Reinstalled windows

* Installed/Reinstalled HX Edit multiple times

* Tried the 192, 193, and 1.95 drivers. 

* Disabled all "local" hardware associated with audio hoping it would load.

I included the two event entries that happen on plugging in the Helix. Its not much info to go on. Does anyone know of other logs, or tools I could try?

1stEntry.png

2ndEntry.png

If Line 6 doesn't have something for you, check for another update in Windows. v2004 JUST came available for my laptop within the last few weeks, and probably within 24 hours of it being out, there was a patch update for my hardware specifically. I didn't have any issues with Helix, but my other interface (Behringer XR18) driver wouldn't load until Lenovo released their update to the update. I can't imagine a Surface Book 3 would have hardware/software issues that wouldn't be addressed ASAP.

Looks like I have to just keep waiting and hoping this gets resolved via Microsoft(?). Once Line6 support verified its not a hardware issue, I was told its out of scope and there is no guarantee the software end of things will work on all hardware. Its apparently buyer beware on that end of things.

Hi

I upgraded my hardware in my pc a week ago and installed win10/2004 and Edit 2.92. Edit worked but ASIO faild. I found a new drivers on line6.com/software, version 1.95 (select Helix, Driver and Win10 it will be on top). They addressed Logitech GHUB issue. But, it solved my ASIO challenge. Give it a try.

//Per

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try that one. That's the one I still have installed. I started researching on how to find the actual details about the failed load. That might point me in the right direction. I have uninstalled everything usb/audio on my machine but couldn't find any one driver causing the issue. I am now getting constant HXEdit disconnects/interruptions so this might be bigger than just the ASIO driver. I can only hope this will resolve itself but based on past posts with various hardware sometimes people ended up at a dead end.

When you install Edit you get a question asking witch drivers to be installed. By default all are marked. Be sure to keep it that way. Do not unselect any any of the drivers during installation, can cause trouble...

• 4 weeks later...

Was this ever resolved? I’m dealing with it now with a Surface Book 3. Exact same issue. The weird thing is I had a different SP3, and after a bit of wrangling, it took the ASIO driver. I had to exchange the PC for unrelated reasons and I can’t get this one to work at all on the same firmware.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 11:54 PM, aproctor89 said:

Was this ever resolved? I’m dealing with it now with a Surface Book 3. Exact same issue. The weird thing is I had a different SP3, and after a bit of wrangling, it took the ASIO driver. I had to exchange the PC for unrelated reasons and I can’t get this one to work at all on the same firmware.

No resolution on my end. Just won't work. I finally stopped putting time in to the problem. We can only home a surface update in the future gets it figured out.

18 minutes ago, cdeguise said:

No resolution on my end. Just won't work. I finally stopped putting time in to the problem. We can only home a surface update in the future gets it figured out.

Thanks for responding. I figured out the solve. 

The issue is that the Helix driver is incompatible with Core Isolation memory integrity. 
When active, the driver fails to load. When disabled, it loads fine. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...