Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects & GSC-3

fbordes

Hello,

I would like to connect the line 6 HX effects to my GSC3, in order to be able to control it in MIDI.

but, I don't know how to connect it : knowing that on the 6 loops of the gsc3, there are only
disto and crunch effects (so before the loop).

The connection of the line 6 in 4 cables would be perfect, but how to integrate it to the g-lab GSC-3 ?

thanks for your help

You seem to have two separate issues - audio and midi.

If you're trying to control the GSC-3 via midi from the HXFX, you can't. The GSC-3 has only midi out.

If you're trying to control the HXFX from the GSC-3, I can probably help, but I can't find a manual online, and the GSC-4 is very different (having also midi in).

If you have the pdf manual (or a link thereto) I'd be happy to have a look at it.

As to audio, you need to be MUCH more specific as to EXACTLY how you want to use both devices - what effects are in the GSC Loops, and what effects you want to use on the HXFX in what combinations with the GSC Loops. This can get VERY complicated.

3 hours ago, fbordes said:

ok, thank you for your feedback.
is it possible to send a midi command to the HX to activate only one effect ? for example to activate the Chorus ?

or two effets online ?

Yes. See page 48 of the manual.

CC#s 49-53 = FS1-FS5. 0=ON;127=OFF

Hi, I am using the gsc3 to control the Helix Stomp and an amp in 4cm. 
The order is like:Guitar—> GSC3—>Input Helix The rest is the 4cm as discriped in the manual.
on the GSC you will have to define your presets incorparating looper, Midi and/or switch scenarios.

If you wish to controll the Helix via Midi, keep in mind that the GSC3 is sending PC always +1 ( as discriped in the manual GSC3/2). For example you wish to switch to the Helix-preset with PC117. Then the GSC 3 will have to send PC 118.

Hope this helps...

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, fbordes said:

I've already tried, the midi 70 order doesn't switch the HX to ALL ByPass, unfortunately.

70 is New Preset empty.....

You're confusing PC#70 and CC#70. You need to send CC#70 with a Value of 0 to get All Bypass. Sending CC#70 with a value of 127 turns it back ON