Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to verify new tubes are matched prior to installation?

klasi

Is there a way I can verify on my own that a set of tubes is matched? 

I purchased new tubes (preamp & power) from Tube Depot for my DT50.  I specifically ordered the tubes to be matched.  Then I took the amp & tubes to a Line 6 certified repair shop.  The shop called me later on and said the new power tubes were so mismatched that they had to order me some new ones.  And I don't believe I can return the ones I got from Tube Depot.  I have now, in effect, paid double to re-tube my amp.  It also makes me wonder how many times any tube dealer just sends out tubes counting on the customer having no way to verify if they are truly a matched set or not.

There is a Gm and Ip number on the tube labeling.

The Gm has to be the same on both and the Ip has to be the same on both,

then they are matched.

Would've been easier to take it to the Line 6 authorized shop and let them order the tubes from us.

Sorry it was such a problem for you.

yes it would be easier to take it to a shop..... however there is not one in 500 miles of me!  I have a bricked dt25 that was bricked trying to upgrade to ver 2.0 so I could use it with the helix.  very frustrating.... so, saying it would be easier to take it to a shop is kind of flippant and relative.....

and sorry, not meaning any disrespect, it just hit me wrong cause I miss having my other amp!