Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx Stomp started with no sound

Valgua

I bought my Hx Stomp about six months ago and have used it daily. Yesterday I turned the Stomp on and got no sound. I turned it off and on again and it went back to normal. The preset that loaded up was one that I had downloaded and slightly modified, but it had not given me any issues before. I guess that the most likely explanation is a software glitch of some kind. Have you experienced something similar? Should I worry about a hardware failure?

Multiple users have experienced this. 1/4 outputs are dead. 1, 2, 3 reboots fixes it sometimes. Resetting sometimes works. Upgrading to the latest firmware (if not already) sometimes works. I've experienced this on 2 different Stomps, current firmware and 2.8. However, I haven't experienced this in a while. I haven't seen an official Line 6 person recognize this as an issue. It may be because nobody's properly reported it? Not sure. It's definitely a thing. Especially if you troll the FB groups. 

This is sort of reassuring, although I would  obviously prefer that the problem got fixed. As far as I can read, it occurs on other members of the HX family, which would support the suspicion that it is the result of some kind of glitch in the software. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 10:39 PM, Valgua said:

This is sort of reassuring, although I would  obviously prefer that the problem got fixed. As far as I can read, it occurs on other members of the HX family, which would support the suspicion that it is the result of some kind of glitch in the software. 

Ya, even though I haven't seen it happen to mine in a little while, I'm gonna continue gigging with my full Helix vs my Stomp pedalboard. I just can't risk the outputs going silent during a gig. Or on boot up before a gig.