Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT 2.9.2 firmware Tone changes?

eddievang

Hi All

I have downloaded latest firmware version, and after following the instruction everything has gone like a dream.

I updated from 2.54.0 Now when playing my presets, it now seems that (certainly on Archetype lead) there is an increase in Bass, bottom end that is very noticeable and takes away the clarity of that preset 
when I look at the latest factory preset for this amp the mid, treble, and presence are much higher than the old version, this does sound closer to my old firmware, but will mean adjusting all patches.

Has any body else experienced similar?

May have to consider going back to old firmware as this was my main sound.

Thanks in advance for any help.

As a user that's built a library of over 300 presets, I can't say that I feel much empathy for your plight.  If you want to forego all the benefits of 2.92 that's your choice, but that also means you'll likely have to forego the benefits of the upcoming mega update of 3.0 and all future ones as well....or...you can just adjust your presets.

Sometimes it's just darn inconvenient to put those big boy pants on....

• Downvote 1

Thanks for your response Phil M
User error.

Turns out it was the DSP on the FRFR speakers that had gone to pole position rather than monitor, which is what it is always set on, just bizarre that it did this when trying the new vFirmware., anyway all good thanks.

Duned in Dragon I only need a simple set up, not 300 presets and only asked a simple question, I have the sound I need with only 2/3 amps, and it is such a good sound!

Fact, I did not ask for any empathy, so none was required, seems you didn’t read my question properly. See I only need so many sounds and if there good, which on this Helix LT there fantastic then that’s what I gig with, I don’t need to spend time doing 300 presets!

So simple answer would have been, “never had that problem” or Like Phil M, “you shouldn’t have that problem“ 
Even better, have you checked your other gear, doh!

Point here is, be helpful or don’t bother, no big boy pants required.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, eddievang said:

I updated from 2.54.0

FYI.... there is one thing that "may" have changed your presets.

In 2.6 (IIRC) the reverbs got noticeably wetter! If you use reverb, you may have to turn the reverb mix down... in some cases a substantial amount. 

Aside from that presets should be remain the same.... you just have many new options to explore.