Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Actual Helix 3.0 news (kind of)

brue58ski

22 minutes ago, JaH337 said:

Ницца! Это iPad? Какая система коммутации?

No. This is not an iPad. Mini itx. Intel core. TNT matrix with resistive touch panel. Built-in Windows 7. Lynx two sounds. Sorry for my english. I am writing via google translate. I am from Ukraine.

• Thanks 2

On 10/21/2020 at 2:38 PM, donkelley said:

RE: tablets:  ARE they standard on all sorts of stages for years already?  I wasn't aware of that... haven't experienced that as a norm at all, in fact, except by sound guys. 

Pretty much any band that has IEMs or goes direct these days has several devices running on stage. I'd say 75% of bands I've had shows with in the last 2-3 years (before COVID, anyways) were running some sort of tracks or lighting control from a laptop that was also being controlled by a tablet. When my bands play we're literally bringing out own Wi Fi network everywhere. I think it depends on what kind of music, and the level or seriousness in others, but a solid percentage or original acts are running multiple devices on stage.

• Thanks 1

Hi, It's been a very long time since I've posted, but it seem this have gone a little crazy here. Not sure what the overall goal / opinion here is but. Line 6 has been a round a log time. Boss, Digitech, Roland, and Korg. And who can forget about ART. I'm a old fart been playing for a very long time. Electric Guitar, Bass, Acoustic, Mandolin, and Banjo. What ever they would let me play. Playing a lot of quick in quick out hired gun, festivals and bars. Was just lucky enough to have friends, band mates, and connection to be able to play and get paid. Fast and easy has always been the best way. We all have things that we think are cool and not cool. The ART was one of the first power house processor with a pedal controller. LOL I still have a ART night bass in one of my studio mixer racks. Then Digitech came out with even better with effect. Then Line 6 bean pod small and quick got better with models.  If you remember it had a few major issues.Then Boss gt3/5/8/10 the old stomp boxs we grew up with, smart io and stomp mode also easy to modify on stage. (when you learned it). I got deep in 13pin synth stuff big time and really did use it for a lot for gigs and shows. It added inc readable depth to a lot of stuff if you learned out to apply it and remember it was NOT a replacement for a real keyboard player.  And if you really want to laugh I used a Korg Pandora for years plugging into the house for bar gigs. And even got a lot of complements on the sound I was getting. And the reaction when they saw what I was playing though was always good for a laugh and a beer. We are all equipment geeks with money to burn. Just look at price of these things. That is why these companies love us and Line 6 knows this. Kids sure can't afford this stuff. I've always sat back a year or two to see how things go, see how my friends and people in these sites react to gear. Then make a purchase. I gave up on the elusive tone search a long time ago because it is itch you never seem to be able to scratch. I've kind of found out (for me) early if I can get close to the sound I want, for a cover or original then awesome. Touch screen like IPads on stage awesome (for a million reasons), in ear monitor (a god send), Good Sound Man for house in ear send critical. Hell the sound man plays the most important instrument of all the mixer.

My helix floor is fun and very cool, not perfect, the enticement for us, is that Line 6 will continue to improve it with new updates. And they will as long as it is cost effective. And I hope the base chip motherboard, memory will be able to be support this for awhile longer. But it will have an end date. New dsp chips and processor power is get more and more powerful daily. Way faster than they can build new equipment. I do wish they would design mother boards so they could have process and chip upgrades like desk tops pc. But that is a pipe dream.

Think about it just with Line 6 My firehawk 1500 very nice but abandoned by Line 6 very disappointing. My JTV69 replace the neck and love it even with just the mag pickups. But that has been ignored, and zero enhanscements. I still have a POD X3 Live in my travel rig with a bug that Live 6 openly refuses to fix because it is worth their time. I do like thinking there will be new thing cumming to our processors. But is all has an expiration date. And sometimes it is just us who gets board with a piece of equipment.

But it dose seem as Line 6 is spending time and focusing on the Helix stuff for now.

All the best.

Native a mimic of the Helix Floor. The thus it isn't limited to the physical limitations of the hardware in the floor unit.  Keeping in union with the other helix family members is a selling point. Thus paralleling the other helix products and VTS.

Line 6 could if they wanted to break away with Native but how would then benefit them. I am sure the next version will parallel with the next Helix Monster version 999999.2.0

16 minutes ago, joeycronin said:

Native a mimic of the Helix Floor. The thus it isn't limited to the physical limitations of the hardware in the floor unit.  Keeping in union with the other helix family members is a selling point. Thus paralleling the other helix products and VTS.

Line 6 could if they wanted to break away with Native but how would then benefit them. I am sure the next version will parallel with the next Helix Monster version 999999.2.0

I’m not sure what you mean by “break away”, but as of the 2.80 update, you can turn hardware compatibility mode off in Native and ignore any DSP limitations associated with the hardware in a preset.

• Like 2

On 11/1/2020 at 4:03 AM, phil_m said:

I’m not sure what you mean by “break away”, but as of the 2.80 update, you can turn hardware compatibility mode off in Native and ignore any DSP limitations associated with the hardware in a preset.

I didn't know that!!!! thanks!

10 hours ago, molul said:

Has there been any news about 3.0 lately? I've tried taking a look at the Facebook page but I can never spot messages from the devs there ^_^U

Any minute now. Or not. Just like the last update... and the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that, etc etc. Hey! I think there's a pattern emerging here... ;)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, molul said:

Has there been any news about 3.0 lately? I've tried taking a look at the Facebook page but I can never spot messages from the devs there ^_^U

And so it begins anew.  

Here's how it works.  When an individual asks for an update on an update, it is considered a neutral comment.  Second time the same individual asks the same thing the update is pushed back one business day.  When somebody comments on that second request, the one business day becomes three business days (The first one being the original push-off, the second one for the person commenting on the original, and the third one is a Patience Tax).  This is compounded for every reply.  When somebody snarks a reply the entire cycle is doubled.  A defensive reply to the snark comment is considered a mulligan, and is neutral, however doubling down on the snark doubles the delay once again, plus adds a day for the defensive comment, unless the defensive comment is from the person asking the second time at which point it is doubled again.  If DI or L6T become exasperated, the whole thing is pushed off one fiscal quarter plus the current tallies of Penalty Delays.  When someone invokes Fractal Audio or Kemper update cycles, the whole thing is divided by .333 with the result becoming the new release date.  And the longer the delays, the more the bugs which would normally be patched over become something to repair within the initial build, thus causing further delays.

It's a bit like the tax code mashed up with particle theory.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, PiFromBRC said:

And so it begins anew.  

Here's how it works.  When an individual asks for an update on an update, it is considered a neutral comment.  Second time the same individual asks the same thing the update is pushed back one business day.  When somebody comments on that second request, the one business day becomes three business days (The first one being the original push-off, the second one for the person commenting on the original, and the third one is a Patience Tax).  This is compounded for every reply.  When somebody snarks a reply the entire cycle is doubled.  A defensive reply to the snark comment is considered a mulligan, and is neutral, however doubling down on the snark doubles the delay once again, plus adds a day for the defensive comment, unless the defensive comment is from the person asking the second time at which point it is doubled again.  If DI or L6T become exasperated, the whole thing is pushed off one fiscal quarter plus the current tallies of Penalty Delays.  When someone invokes Fractal Audio or Kemper update cycles, the whole thing is divided by .333 with the result becoming the new release date.  And the longer the delays, the more the bugs which would normally be patched over become something to repair within the initial build, thus causing further delays.

It's a bit like the tax code mashed up with particle theory.

Are there extra penalties if I ask on someone else's behalf? My betta fish Jeff won't stop pestering me about the 3.0 release date. Somebody please give me a reliable ETA so he'll get off my back....

18 hours ago, Nylander88 said:

Anyone want to start some conspiracy's about 3.0?

Here's one. The Forum's were down a few days ago. It is not unusual for this to happen very soon before an update is released. For some new housekeeping I'm assuming for the new release. There, that oughta give some of you something to chew on for awhile.

OK, now.....Discuss.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brue58ski said:

Here's one. The Forum's were down a few days ago. It is not unusual for this to happen very soon before an update is released. For some new housekeeping I'm assuming for the new release. There, that oughta give some of you something to chew on for awhile.

OK, now.....Discuss.

Well, you're a little late with that "news".  

The site maintenance started over a week ago and it has been off line a couple more times since.

Phil M shot this down on TGP last week (page 68 of the Helix 3 thread). See here:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/helix-3-0.2113833/page-68

Uploading a bit of software (Firmware 3.0) doesn't require a major overhaul of the servers.

How/why does it indicate anything other than routine maintenance.

Also over on TGP, someone mentioned Winter NAMM and Eric said they should be working on v3.1 by then - oh, yeah, he also mentioned some new products.

Quote:

"There's no meatspace Winter NAMM next year, but we have other stuff to announce in January. Given that we may have a 3.01 (and perhaps 3.02) to tighten up everything, a 3.10 announcement at virtual NAMM is... ambitious, especially given the other boxes we have to finish. We have a good idea of what's gonna be in 3.10 tho'—mostly stuff we didn't have time to squeeze into 3.0."

Discuss.

1 hour ago, datacommando said:

Well, you're a little late with that "news".  

The site maintenance started over a week ago and it has been off line a couple more times since.

Phil M shot this down on TGP last week (page 68 of the Helix 3 thread). See here:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/helix-3-0.2113833/page-68

Uploading a bit of software (Firmware 3.0) doesn't require a major overhaul of the servers.

How/why does it indicate anything other than routine maintenance.

Also over on TGP, someone mentioned Winter NAMM and Eric said they should be working on v3.1 by then - oh, yeah, he also mentioned some new products.

Quote:

"There's no meatspace Winter NAMM next year, but we have other stuff to announce in January. Given that we may have a 3.01 (and perhaps 3.02) to tighten up everything, a 3.10 announcement at virtual NAMM is... ambitious, especially given the other boxes we have to finish. We have a good idea of what's gonna be in 3.10 tho'—mostly stuff we didn't have time to squeeze into 3.0."

Discuss.

You seem to misunderstand my "news". I was just having some amusement over the conspiracy thing. As the post I was responding to referred to. Just having a little fun. Was that not clear? I was not trying to come up with any "news" in this case. Boy, it's like you're just cocked an loaded, ready to find something to dig on someone on. That is one mighty fragile ego you're carrying around there that you would need to do that. But that is par for the course with you isn't it? If I was really trying to be on top of the "news" I would have posted about it when I saw it. Not a few days later. As you can see if you read carefully, I stated that I noticed it a few days ago. In regard to your "How/why does it indicate anything other than routine maintenance". if you read more carefully, you'll see I said It is not unusual for this to happen very soon before an update is released ". Well, that would INDICATE that I didn't think it indicated anymore than that. Sometimes it happens that way, sometimes not. And it didn't just INDICATE it, it is what I meant. Jeese, you really need to take a chill pill buddy. However, I guess I don't need to waste my time looking for "news" which I never did anyway. You seem to be right on top of it. Good for you!!!! I would suggest reading this a little more carefully than you did my last post so you don't misunderstand me anymore and not jump the gun with your condescending posts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, datacommando said:

Discuss.

Are we sure this is NAMM we're talking about? I can think of at least one annual event that probably has a "meatspace", but it's an entirely different clientele...;)