Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax with Firehawk - Any good resources?

JScotty317

Hey Everyone,

Just bought a Variax - and I'm customizing the hell out of it.  I was wondering if there were any good videos or write-ups covering how to utilize the presets in the guitar and save them into banks in the Firehawk?  I might be up a creek since I want to be able to go from an Acoustic in Drop D to a LP with custom string tunings and volumes (one example or many similar scenarios).  Does the Firehawk allow for this level of customization to be saved and not apply ALL the time?  I don't want to be turning knobs and pick-up selectors every time I want to change it up.  Or am I in the market for a Helix LT now?

Thanks in advance,

Justin

58 minutes ago, silverhead said:

Thanks for the speedy response, Silverhead.  This was the first place I checked and it looks like it covers part of what I'm trying to find.  I'm really focused on saving all of the unique settings I have saved on the Variax into the Firehawk so I can do it "hands free." Well not completely hands free since I'll be playing the instrument but you know what I mean, lol.  Do you know if I can go from patch to patch with different guitars and tunings saved?  And then apply the effects on top of this?

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, JScotty317 said:

Hey Everyone,

Just bought a Variax - and I'm customizing the hell out of it.  I was wondering if there were any good videos or write-ups covering how to utilize the presets in the guitar and save them into banks in the Firehawk?  I might be up a creek since I want to be able to go from an Acoustic in Drop D to a LP with custom string tunings and volumes (one example or many similar scenarios).  Does the Firehawk allow for this level of customization to be saved and not apply ALL the time?  I don't want to be turning knobs and pick-up selectors every time I want to change it up.  Or am I in the market for a Helix LT now?

Thanks in advance,

Justin

Hello

I have a Variax and FH, no problem to save different models and tunings for each presets

You can save ex:

Bank 1:

A -acoustic DADGAD

B - LP with a DROP C

C - Sitar tuning open A

D- Firebird with a DROP B

etc........

And when you switch from preset the Firehawk control and change you guitar automaticaly

You need to Slide the options on your tablet of the remote app to "control by Firehawk

Also you need the VDI cable to do that

1 hour ago, Punkyboy said:

Hello

I have a Variax and FH, no problem to save different models and tunings for each presets

You can save ex:

Bank 1:

A -acoustic DADGAD

B - LP with a DROP C

C - Sitar tuning open A

D- Firebird with a DROP B

etc........

And when you switch from preset the Firehawk control and change you guitar automaticaly

You need to Slide the options on your tablet of the remote app to "control by Firehawk

Also you need the VDI cable to do that

Thank you - you're the man! Err... I mean, Punkboy!

1 hour ago, JScotty317 said:

Thank you - you're the man! Err... I mean, Punkboy!

And you can save a lot of tunings in "My tones" if you want. it's unlimited !

BUT VDI CABLE IS ESSENTIAL FOR SWITCH BETWEEN DIFFERENT MODEL AND TUNINGS