Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshots

Kingdondo

Not a silly question, but no you can't. You can only use the amp, cab & fx in the patch because Snapshots are merely a patch within a patch ie they allow you to set a variation of what's in the patch. If you want 2 amp and 2 cab options, you need Helix or Helix LT.  It's in the manual, p26 at the bottom.

1 hour ago, cristt said:

BTW "variations" as reported by voxman means different parameters values or different blocks on/off state. 

Exactly right! Also, a lot of folk don't realise that although FS2 is set by default to fx loop, you can reassign that the same as any footswitch.  I often set it to an overall output level clean volume boost so regardless of what else is on or off, or which snapshot I'm in, I can add e.g. a 3dB volume boost.  

• 9 months later...

Ciao a tutti.. Non riesco a programmare gli snapshot.. Vorrei alzare il volume generale dell'ampli sullo snapshot 2 ma non mi salva le modifiche [dovrebbe spuntare questa parentesi ma non mi appare] grazie in anticipo a tutti. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2020 at 2:24 PM, voxman55 said:

Exactly right! Also, a lot of folk don't realise that although FS2 is set by default to fx loop, you can reassign that the same as any footswitch.  I often set it to an overall output level clean volume boost so regardless of what else is on or off, or which snapshot I'm in, I can add e.g. a 3dB volume boost.  

Voxman55 - I’ll probably sound dumb here but how do you configure the FS to add a clean boost? As a pedal, or is there a way of toggling a master parameter globally?

On 7/5/2021 at 9:19 PM, robholsman said:

Voxman55 - I’ll probably sound dumb here but how do you configure the FS to add a clean boost? As a pedal, or is there a way of toggling a master parameter globally?

You unassign the fx loop from the FS2 switch and then set the main out with a 3db increase via assignment to FS2. If you go to Line 6 Custom Tone, type in voxman55 in the search bar, and 4 of my patches will come up. Load down my 'Soldclean SCsnap' patch that has this...you'll see that FS2 has been set to a 3db boost, and you can copy the main out block and put it into any of your patches.  You can of course use any FS or set FS2 to something completely different if you don't want the fx loop. 

I've set up FS2 this way in a 'new patch' and copied to all new patches. So when I create a new patch, it's already there. 

That's fantastic, thank you! Genuinely had no idea you could do that, will try it tonight! Even though I've had mine a year now there's still so much flexibility in there, I'm still finding things out!

(just did my first gig with mine in the band for a theatre show last week, and it has been an amazing unit to work with, sound quality wise and ease of programming!)

The other thing you could do is to add two momentary switches in FS7/8.  The advantage of setting up a clean or distortion boost with these (and you can use them for anything, the same as FS1-6) is that you can kick in a boost IN ANY MODE ie you don't need to switch in stomp mode. You can't unfortunately see FS7/8 in the window and most of these switches don't have a LED indicator to show on/off, but if you have gigging patches and you know FS7 is your clean boost and FS8 is your distortion boost in each of your gigging patches, you know its the same for each. Saves having to foot dance between stomp and patch mode.  I use 2 Bespeco VM20 non-latching switches. Solid, inexpensive, and big enough to 'hit' at a gig (unlike some small 2 button pedals).  Connect via a single stereo to 2 x mono Y cable.  See the manual for set-up in Pod Go.  

9x_EdvNRCGWday8TCMk6pEDNkGI8ov8l_HWhTgxGcKw6Ucl3EQ3cTyN8Ci_m24Z2OPJLYNtxPcB_-NXxkIfYJZ_QxBT16sU25EdkZOuxC0ZVGBdf3YH7YOXYK6-_7FLKYSLwRT0UHyd7u-K26C01FLQdt_E3lOWMYAz3SZndJqSxYYCf4zja4za4AfH4Jl0Q3K0kDYq9NqSwAqKPVk1Qhb5lLsX9M_vWjYsMFG7ivcQ7HUv_yAGGQ43ydRDIqfI8_8KiKX6gIUxbysSqJNFXdFHFMlTtsj0ATwxZpbZ0euUB2SRcsGsyKK340veRLJUYAO4wYnaIJrF8iTTTZXKbdTxKIw7uBJDjnJyZ_74DpaZpuo2jtezmsF7oZVCbgNDCHEoVTLm7SVqSftWZbynIf7ZNk924eAKsFEdkS-u_L6mfqy8ysr7Gb-lR4q8HiYT9vlOfOGwdwVh6cF5jtpsxx7jnGm9jZYS9SFXDQywlXtshVXjCjpELEjkUnpar71tNCDnWC247XGhuDzbsH1CM3yGKOx5uBaO2dX7mrz-lctTlHIsqn30M-jyBLrDh8RVIe2xd7cx_OVTyR0O__V84k0d4WZenYpcqacrjkv-Ok-JtzfGvF6K9H5Qh8mpdwoPG5X90DfsBQPIzcQs4Qdknn8LHgFh5n5Cu2DItD52tLBe5bV--_FYrNmg6qFHkHEkz8XBwVEDH9L86y_IGiQz1ozcY=w1324-h993-no?authuser=0