Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx Stomp Aux in

Valgua

Hi!

I have connected my iphone to the Hx Stomp’s aux in. The volume seems a bit low. When I use the iPad I perceive an improvement. Is it due to impedance? Is the issue related to the strength of the signal coming from my phone?

When I connect to my pc through usb all is fine. I was just curious to know if an aux in connection would have better volume if I used another device than my iphone. Is it a matter of impedance or is there a secret setting I missed? 

5 hours ago, Valgua said:

I would like to know if the relatively low volume from my phone connected to aux in is ”normal”

Just checked with iPhone SE 2016, iOS 13.6.1: it can be loud enough to cause you pain via Stomp's Aux In to headphones… ;)

On the iPhone, check the Settings app > Music, if you have possibly limited the headphone output.

You’re right. I tried just listening to music by itself in the headphones and the volume can get quite high. I guess that the problem is simply that I adjusted the volume in all my patches to use them with my iPad (which is still louder than my iPhone, but that’s probably just obvious) and therefore the guitar sounds so much louder than the backing track...