Jump to content

Line 6 Pod GO 4 Cable Method Issue.


AlienProbe974
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello!

Yesterday ive recieved my POD GO unit!

I want to do the 4 cable method with my ENGL Invader 100.

Guitar - > tuner - > OD -> Guitar in on the pod
Pod FX Return -> AMP FX send
POD FX Send -> AMP Guitar in
POD Main out Left Mono -> AMP FX Return

Ive put the Mono FX block on the pod on.

Every effect i put infront of the Mono FX block WORKS.
Every effect ( tried all reverbs and delays) i put after the Mono FX block Dont affect the sound at all.

My amp has an Dry/wet FX loop knob wich i tried from 0%(dry) to 100%(wet) That didnt do anything at all.

Am i missing an something that i needed to change?
Ive tried everything in my knowledge but cant get it to work.

podgo.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that amp as 2 FX loops and both are switched....I am guess you checked the one you are using is on? One way you can check a loop is just plug your guitar directly into the FX return....once you get it activated, you may just hear the greatest clean tone ever....it's just a way to test, but the guitar straight to the power amp with no tone stack is interesting. Nice amp.

 

One note: If the master volume actually works post FX return, I would use the AMP out instead of the Main since the volume is fixed....This allows for a dual mode setup to run direct....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, spaceatl said:

I think that amp as 2 FX loops and both are switched....I am guess you checked the one you are using is on? One way you can check a loop is just plug your guitar directly into the FX return....once you get it activated, you may just hear the greatest clean tone ever....it's just a way to test, but the guitar straight to the power amp with no tone stack is interesting. Nice amp.

 

One note: If the master volume actually works post FX return, I would use the AMP out instead of the Main since the volume is fixed....This allows for a dual mode setup to run direct....


I have some Boss pedal's im borrowing and when i put those in the FX loop they work...
Its defintly a thing thats wrong with the pod.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, spaceatl said:

curious, maybe the amp model bypass volume is turned all the way down? I just noticed your Loop is after the amp model.

The amp stil makes sound through my cab so its no a volume issue

Any effects i turn on after the Mono FX Block just dont do anything to the sound.

I tried both FX loops aswell, Tried different cable's but nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh I see, I misread your post...I thought you had no sound for some reason. my bad...move the cab to immediately after the amp model. Or...you could move it to the end of the chain and use the AMP OUT. for your FX Return....That is only useful if you Master volume works post return of the amp...

 

Not sure if that is it, I thing something might be up with your output config....maybe your main outs are set to pre cab or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, spaceatl said:

Oh I see, I misread your post...I thought you had no sound for some reason. my bad...move the cab to immediately after the amp model. Or...you could move it to the end of the chain and use the AMP OUT. for your FX Return....That is only useful if you Master volume works post return of the amp...


I moved the Amp and Cab to the last 2 FX blocks in the preset. That didnt help
Tried using the amp out didnt gave any sound at all.

Im completely lost

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you visited the system menu to look at the amp out and main out configuration? The amp out will only work if you put the FX Loop in front of the Cab model...unless it is configured to be a Main out....That is a nice way to get mono out from. the end of the chain.

 

AMP Out when configured as Pre Cab/IR will take signal right before the cab model....Main outs take signal from the end of the chain. The amp out can be configured to behave like main out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Every effect i put infront of the Mono FX block WORKS.
Every effect ( tried all reverbs and delays) i put after the Mono FX block Dont affect the sound at all.

image.thumb.png.4c58d2cf841fbcadd7246409bdcb2b06.png

Check your amp out source setting, looks like you're using "pre cab/IR" instead of "Main out".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, grdGo33 said:

image.thumb.png.4c58d2cf841fbcadd7246409bdcb2b06.png

Check your amp out source setting, looks like you're using "pre cab/IR" instead of "Main out".



1.Guitar In Pad = Off
2. Main out Level is = Instrument
3. Amp out Source is = Main Out

Is there anyway to reset the pod to factory standard and try everything again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For a full factory reset:

ere are the common button combinations for POD Go when attempting a factory reset or troubleshooting. To perform any of these, start with the POD Go turned off, then flip on the power switch while holding down for 5-8 seconds. It's helpful to have your presets backed up or saved to your PC or Mac computer, before performing a factory reset.

 

C & D - Factory Restore (Restores all factory settings)

A & B - Clears Everything (Clears all presets, factory settings will not load)

PAGE > - Update mode (helpful for any interrupted or failed updates)

 

 

P32 of the manual if you just want to clear global settings back to factory.

 

image.thumb.png.b6edf3e9a616850cce9b4956c96f46d6.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

I have a question.  When I do 4CM for my PG, it works, but I noticed something in Global Settings.  When I first configured it, the Main Out Level setting was set to Line.  This made the PG much louder and I could only run the volume around 2:00 for unity.  

 

I switched it to Instrument and the PG volume is full maxed at 4:00 and it's a unity.

 

Which is correct?  Should the PG Volume be maxed on Instrument or at 2:00 on Line level for Main Out?  ...Did I not hook it up correctly or something?  

 

Thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Maybe I can save someone from having to do a factory reset.

 

I had this same problem today and figured out that the issue was that in Global Settings, I had to Return Type set to Aux instead of Return like it should have been.  I forgot that Aux and Return share the same input and I had set it to Aux at some point to send external audio through.  Changing Return Type to Return immediately fixed the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

Hey,

 

I also have the same Problem! But if I do the factory resset, it's the same.

 

(Every effect i put infront of the Mono FX block WORKS.

Every effect ( tried all reverbs and delays) i put after the Mono FX block Dont affect the sound at all.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/12/2022 at 7:08 AM, deno7 said:

Hey,

 

I also have the same Problem! But if I do the factory resset, it's the same.

 

(Every effect i put infront of the Mono FX block WORKS.

Every effect ( tried all reverbs and delays) i put after the Mono FX block Dont affect the sound at all.)

Make sure you have the Return Type parameter under Global Settings>Ins/Outs set to Return.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/13/2022 at 7:41 AM, deno7 said:

 I think, I have to send the pod go back to the store! It just don't work!

 

I'd be very surprised if there was an issue with your Pod Go.  It's much more likely there's a set up issue somewhere.  In your amp, what type of fx loop have you got ie series or parallel? If it's parallel you'll have a mix knob. Sorry if this is so ridiculously basic but you know what they say about 'assume' ( lol). If you have a parallel loop have you adjusted the fx loop mix control?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...