Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hi, are we not able to send PMs anymore?

willjrock

9 hours ago, Lone_Poor_Boy said:

Looks that way.  I tried to send one weeks back, couldn't find it, so I dropped a note on their 'public feed'.

9 hours ago, PierM said:

They were probably worried about users dealing the old G10 firmware via PM....lol...(btw, yep, pm are gone)

Sheer madness. .  

I notice that we are able to post a comment in any user’s profile. It’s public, but the receiving user is notified by email as well as in the Notifications alert, and you do have to visit the user’s profile page to post/see it. I don’t know if this is a new feature or not; perhaps I just haven’t noticed it before. In any case you can use that instead of a PM. Similar effect - the target user gets it and it’s hidden from general view unless one visits the user’s profile.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, silverhead said:

I notice that we are able to post a comment in any user’s profile. It’s public, but the receiving user is notified by email as well as in the Notifications alert, and you do have to visit the user’s profile page to post/see it. I don’t know if this is a new feature or not; perhaps I just haven’t noticed it before. In any case you can use that instead of a PM. Similar effect - the target user gets it and it’s hidden from general view unless one visits the user’s profile.

Cool thanks. Its just seems a little awkward without PMs. I guess one could make a million assumptions as to "why" that option is no longer available but regardless of the reason, its the first ive personally ever experienced that option unavailable in a forum setting. Maybe youtube.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, willjrock said:

Where were you on my cashless society argument?

That's the last link in the chain... once it becomes the law of the land and everything you have can be harvested "legally" with a mouse click, we're all royally f*cked. It's coming... less than 20 years is my guess.