AMP Out to real amp's return?

Crugero

Hi all!

I am kind of new with Line6 and generaly digital effects. I would like to know if it's safe (and worth doing) to connect Line6 Pod GO from Amp Out (without IR) into my amp's FX loop return.
My current amp is BluGuitar AMP1 Iridium Edition and I would like to use only power amp from it and keep possibility to send signal with IR through mono Main Out.
Also at this moment I really can't check that on my own so here is my question: have anyone tried it? How does it sound? Would it sound the same as with 4 cable method when using POD GO preamps?

It is completely fine and it's just one on the benefits of having an amp-out, other than the main outs. If you check YT there's people who is using that. You might need to tweak the eq of the pod to fit with your amp and cab. There's however only one caveat: is that, if your amp has the master volume before the fx loop, you won't be able to set the volume because the volume knob on the pod go doesn't affect the amp-out level ('cause normally you would set the volume on the real amp itself). 4 cable method gives you even more flexibility.

Thanks! I'll definetely try it. Actually now I am using the 4 cable method but as I understand it so far the biggest advantage of it is that I can decide where to put specific effects (before preamp or after it) and I think I don't need it because I really like the sound with preamp I am using on POD GO. Also 4 cable method kind of eliminates the possibility to send the signal without IR to amp and "second" signal with IR included because it uses mono Main Out? Correct me please if I am wrong :D

Tecnically you would still have the left main out available, but you can't set R/mono without IR and Left with IR (or viceversa).

I agree that If you are satisfied with amp out solution, this is for shure easier to deal with and more straight forward than the 4 cable method.