Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT does not start up or anything!

didavinci

I just received my helix LT yesterday, downloaded the newest HX editor and tried to update the unit as recommended. Got stuck with the error and reboot situation I’ve read about, so I tried different USB ports and cables, tried the reboot while holding fs 6+12; nothing worked. Now my helix has stopped starting up altogether. It no longer shows the booting screen, all I see is flickering pictograms (see included video), and it doesn’t respond to any reset boot I try. Help? I’m on the brink of returning it as a faulty device. 

Fwiw, here's a list:

Reset Options

Helix Floor/LT

Button Combination Description
2 LED light Fun
3 & 4 Test Mode
5 & 6 Global reset
7 & 8 Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs
8 & 9 Reset setlists to factory, Clear IRs
9 & 10 Reset setlists to factory, Global reset, Clear IRs
10 & 11 Upgrades existing presets to latest format
11 & 12 Clear current preset
5 & 12 Clear setlists, clear IRs, Return system settings to default
6 & 12 Safe boot mode

To use Reset Options:

• Power off the Helix
  • Hold the desired button combination
  • Power on the Helix
  • Release the button combination

5 hours ago, didavinci said:

Help? I’m on the brink of returning it as a faulty device. 

Situations like this are usually due to a software glitch and reinstalling the firmware may well fix it. 

First try the suggested Reset options in the post above from “SaschaFranck”.

Also, it’s a big help when posting a request for these sort of issues to provide information about your computer and operating system. It helps to know what we’re dealing with. Also what firmware you are updating from and to.

O.K. To save having to type the same thing again, I recommend that you check this thread to see if that helps.

This is for a Mac

Click on this link.

Or click on this link to see my advice about a Windows PC.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 3 months later...
On 9/2/2020 at 8:42 PM, didavinci said:

I just received my helix LT yesterday, downloaded the newest HX editor and tried to update the unit as recommended. Got stuck with the error and reboot situation I’ve read about, so I tried different USB ports and cables, tried the reboot while holding fs 6+12; nothing worked. Now my helix has stopped starting up altogether. It no longer shows the booting screen, all I see is flickering pictograms (see included video), and it doesn’t respond to any reset boot I try. Help? I’m on the brink of returning it as a faulty device. 

Mine has done the exact same thing. Did you manage to find out how to fix this issue? I’m stressing hard!!!

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, thegreatdao said:

Anyone has any solutions?

If you have tried everything suggested here, and none of those who originally posted with similar situations have replied, your best solution is to contact Customer Support and raise a ticket. They may have a solution that we here are unaware of.

My greatest wish is that when people have posted in here in a complete state of panic, that they would at the very least return to post a solution or update for others.

Oh, yeah, also when requesting assistance, it’s a big help to know what computer system and hardware unit is, plus what version of the firmware you are upgrading from and to. Simply saying “nothing works” is not enough.

Good luck.

• 2 years later...

Same thing here. Worked when I turned it on for like a minute, then froze. Turned it off and back on and it started trying to update firmware on it's own - not connected to anything. Had a hard time getting into Safe Boot mode (actually never was able to, but it did go into "update mode" and was able to update the firmware through HX Edit - partially. it stopped halfway through and came back to the "UPdating UI MCU firmware..." screen it showed previously - but DID show that the firmware was updating to 3.71. Tried several times to get it back into update or safe mode. Finally tried to hook it up to a different computer so turned it off and back on (without unplugging power or anything) and it stopped powering up completely. Tried all the button combinations - nothing. Put in a ticket but I'm not expecting much help since it's out of warranty.