Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX + 4C Tube Amp + playing in a small room

medved_wanders

Hi All, looking for some advice. I am trying to reduce volume of my tube amp because I practice in a small room with neighbors on the other side of the wall. I came across AUD OX, which seems to accomplish the task, but it also does a lot of what HX does and costs almost as much. What other solutions should I consider, ie load boxes, attenuators, etc. what are you using with your setup?

When I'm at home and in a "small room" I crank my tube amp up!   Drives my wife crazy.   But if I don't want to be loud. I use my Helix and PowerCab + 112 at lower volumes.   There are going to be differences in the EQ at lower volumes than at stage volumes.   I personally don't bother with the tube amp at home much any more.  The Helix provides everything I need.   It's very nice going to gig without carrying a tube amp and cabinet now.

If you have to practice with the tube amp, then I would get a reactive load box with and IR loader so you can use roughly the same settings and saturate the tubes.   There Two Notes and Suhr are very popular.