Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Erasing/removing Patches

gandolf203

Hello all,

Newbie here with the HD500X.  Tried the manual and a search but cannot find out how to simply erase a patch I do not like in HD edit.  I have a patch in setlist 3, bank 04A I wish to delete and start over with a whole new one, but don't know how.  Any suggestions?

Thank you for your support!!!

yeah kind of strange... but basically all the fields exist always... they either have data in them or not...

the empty patch just has all neutral data in it... but its still all zeroes instead of all ones... etc...

Put this one in the same category as a missing power button lol... :huh:

yeah kind of strange... but basically all the fields exist always... they either have data in them or not...

the empty patch just has all neutral data in it... but its still all zeroes instead of all ones... etc...

True, but creating a small function to "zero all" in a patch is simple enough, or at least it used to be.

maybe.. but its not that hard to copy an empty preset either... at least with the edit program. would probably be a royal PITA to deal with on the device itself for entire setlists.

I think at one point a user posted an empty setlist for just this reason... might have been the older forum software though.

maybe.. but its not that hard to copy an empty preset either... at least with the edit program. would probably be a royal PITA to deal with on the device itself for entire setlists.

I think at one point a user posted an empty setlist for just this reason... might have been the older forum software though.

This also is true, however consider that maybe the average user might not immediately think of doing that, instead choosing to hunt high and low through the manual for how to 'zero" a patch, get frustrated and post WTF here lol...

May the circle we just travelled be unbroken lol...

It's not enough to just zero out the blocks, you would have to rearrange them all in the right order, put the empty amp block back to single path, zero the mixer and pan to 100, as well as whatever current input settings you had set up.  What's the big deal anyway?  Just go to Set List in HD Edit and drag an empty patch over to the one you want.  Or you can create a default empty patch with your own settings.  I just saved a whole empty setlist and when I want to start over I just open the empty set list and start from scratch. 

Damn, now we are going to lollipop because they didn't add a special button to delete a patch???  WTF...

That's the main reason I never bought a Dumble... it didn't have a button to zero out the knobs.  Who knew?

• Upvote 1

Dude... you're hosing up the circle! hahah

we know... we were just conversing :)

It's not enough to just zero out the blocks, you would have to rearrange them all in the right order, put the empty amp block back to single path, zero the mixer and pan to 100, as well as whatever current input settings you had set up.  What's the big deal anyway?  Just go to Set List in HD Edit and drag an empty patch over to the one you want.  Or you can create a default empty patch with your own settings.  I just saved a whole empty setlist and when I want to start over I just open the empty set list and start from scratch. 

Damn, now we are going to lollipop because they didn't add a special button to delete a patch???  WTF...

That's the main reason I never bought a Dumble... it didn't have a button to zero out the knobs.  Who knew?

• 4 years later...