Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Save directly to your computer

ezut

If I edit the preset on my computer using HX edit, I can save the edited preset directly to my computer. So I don’t want the Helix LT to take up space, I would save it to the computer.
Thanks for the help in advance too.

No matter what you do, the preset gets saved to the Helix even if you're working in HXEdit.  You can export the preset to your hard drive on your PC and then re-use the preset on the Helix if you want.  But bottom line, when you're editing in HXEdit, you're editing on the Helix.  Just want to make that clear.

2 hours ago, ezut said:
If I edit the preset on my computer using HX edit, I can save the edited preset directly to my computer. So I don’t want the Helix LT to take up space, I would save it to the computer.
Thanks for the help in advance too.

Unless you delete it after the fact,  the patch is always going to exist on the LT, no matter where else you save a copy. You can then write over that same slot on the LT if you wish, but then you can't actually use the patch that you just went to the trouble of creating, because it only exists on your computer. What good is that? Don't worry, theres plenty of storage space on the hardware...you're not gonna run out.

2 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

Hacsak nem törli a tényt, a javítás mindig létezik az LT-n, függetlenül attól, hogy hova menti másolatát. Ezután átírhatja ugyanarra a résszel az LT-t, ha akarja, de akkor nem tudja használni azt a javítást, amelynek létrehozásával éppen csak gondot okozott, mert csak a számítógépén létezik. Mire jó ez? Ne aggódjon, rengeteg tárhely van a hardveren ... nem fog elfogyni.

De már elfogyott.

2 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

Unless you delete it after the fact,  the patch is always going to exist on the LT, no matter where else you save a copy. You can then write over that same slot on the LT if you wish, but then you can't actually use the patch that you just went to the trouble of creating, because it only exists on your computer. What good is that? Don't worry, theres plenty of storage space on the hardware...you're not gonna run out.

But it's already sold out. The problem is that I'm sorry to save it to the LT, because I don't know by heart which disposable preset, so I'd save it to the machine first. Then later, if I found a place, I'd save it there.

5 hours ago, ezut said:

But it's already sold out. The problem is that I'm sorry to save it to the LT, because I don't know by heart which disposable preset, so I'd save it to the machine first. Then later, if I found a place, I'd save it there.

By already sold out do you mean it's already full? You don't need all those factory presets, clear a few hundred out to give you some room to work on your own sounds. If you are worried about overwriting a preset you like... always make a copy of the preset then work on the copy! Again, there is no shortage of space on an LT to do all of this! 

I've used up the factory presets. I know there are few people like me. But it is. I also use more guitars and more amps because I am involved in several projects. And I use a different kind of setting for each of these.
Sure, some of the saved presets are less good, but I only find out if I’ve already compared it to the new one and then dare to delete it.

9 hours ago, ezut said:

I've used up the factory presets. I know there are few people like me. But it is. I also use more guitars and more amps because I am involved in several projects. And I use a different kind of setting for each of these.
Sure, some of the saved presets are less good, but I only find out if I’ve already compared it to the new one and then dare to delete it.

If you make a back up of all your files to your computer, the cloud or wherever, that's your "Fail Safe". No matter how much you edit or change around the presets in your LT, you can alway go back and reload the ones you saved previously. I don't see how this could be troublesome, after all you do have 256 preset slots available. Save what you want and ditch what you don't need. As noted in posts above - always work on a copy, that way you cannot go wrong.

Sheer madness - I just checked and I have almost 35,000 presets (yes, really) on my external drive - I wonder if I will ever need more than a dozen of them?

1 hour ago, datacommando said:

I don't see how this could be troublesome, after all you do have 256 preset slots available.

Isn't there 1024 preset locations on a Helix LT? 8 Set Lists with 128 per list?

Or are you just referring to how many are empty when the unit is fresh (reset)? 

10 hours ago, ezut said:

I've used up the factory presets.  I know there are few people like me.

Even if you have used up 1K+ preset locations, export/import is your friend... 

You never have to lose anything unless you don't back it up. 

10 hours ago, ezut said:

I also use more guitars and more amps because I am involved in several projects. And I use a different kind of setting for each of these.

I'm a multi instrumentalist that runs everything through the Helix and also have several projects on the go.

This is not meant as an debate, just as a counter point to your requirements...  I have no problem working within a single set list.

Out of curiosity, are you utilizing Snapshots and Stomp Mode to your benefit or are you just using presets in the old school manner? 

12 minutes ago, codamedia said:

Isn't there 1024 preset locations on a Helix LT? 8 Set Lists with 128 per list?

Or are you just referring to how many are empty when the unit is fresh (reset)? 

My apologies - I should have made that much clearer, as the OP mentioned clearing the Factory Presets which would free up an extra 256 slots in the first 2 setlists for him to use (although it seems he already has done that). Even so, as you point out 1024 slots is a lot to fill and as I commented I have a huge collection of presets - most of which will never be used or have even been checked out. Life's too short. What the hell is he creating?

;-)

Where are the emojis when ya need 'em?

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for taking the trouble and answering.
According to them, I need to put the presets in order.
The trouble is, I’m lazy and that’s why I asked if there was no way to save directly.
All right, I’ll start and discard my unused presets.

• Like 1