Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Output meter strange occurance during patch creation and modification

jpdennis

I searched for my issue before starting this and may have missed it if it is on our forum.  Forgive me if I did miss it somewhere else.

I have just received a Limited Edition Helix.  It was already at 2.92.  I have decided to create new presets from scratch after lessons learned from the past several years with my older Helix.  I am only using my headphones for now which are beyerdynamic DT 990 pro 250k.  I have only been using HX Edit to create the patches.  I have double checked f/w and HX Edit for matching versions. I have been creating the patches over the past two weeks and then removing blocks, adding blocks, and moving blocks.  I set the focus on the last output block to view the meters for matching levels.  Somewhere between 20 minutes and 45 minutes or so I perceive an odd occurrence.  The meters no longer match what I hear through the headphones.  I'll strum a chord or play a note.  I hear the response of my playing.  However, the meters are not showing any activity at first.  Then after a second or so they move though it is after I have played the note(s) and I have yet to play any further note(s).  If I turn off the Helix then turn it back on all is good.

Has anyone experienced this, or is it in the release notes & I missed it, is it already reported as a bug, or ...?  Thanks for any guidance.  Dennis

1 hour ago, jpdennis said:

Has anyone experienced this, or is it in the release notes & I missed it, is it already reported as a bug, or ...?  Thanks for any guidance.  Dennis

Hi,

Check this thread, particularly the reply from “qwerty42” - it may be a similar thing.

Hope this helps/ makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

Check this thread, particularly the reply from “qwerty42” - it may be a similar thing.

Hope this helps/ makes sense.

datacommando,

It does seem to be similar if not the same.  I didn't search for lag or lagging though I did see "It's not the tunah ..." and breezed by it thinking it was another tuner accuracy issue thread.  My bad (and we all know about assumptions) !  Hopefully DI and the Y/L gang are now aware and it will be addressed.  While it is a cosmetic issue for me so far I have not had any sound lagging over this but I have yet to use it live.

Thanks again

Dennis

4 hours ago, jpdennis said:

datacommando,

It does seem to be similar if not the same.  I didn't search for lag or lagging though I did see "It's not the tunah ..." and breezed by it thinking it was another tuner accuracy issue thread.  My bad (and we all know about assumptions) !  Hopefully DI and the Y/L gang are now aware and it will be addressed.  While it is a cosmetic issue for me so far I have not had any sound lagging over this but I have yet to use it live.

Thanks again

Dennis

Hey Dennis,

No problem, glad it know makes a little more sense and hopefully it won’t be too long before v3.0 hits the bricks and the issue is fixed.

I didn’t particularly search for “lag” or “lagging”. I just seemed to recall seeing something about unresponsive metering and that was it, so not “your bad” really, especially when it’s not obvious. Also mention of the “tunah” might have made you think it was another one those posts from “spikey” asking for a tuner in the editor :-)

Happy to assist.

• Upvote 1

Hi, yep, it's a bug. They thought they'd squashed it with 2.92, but in some cases it still happens, especially on path 2. I've reported it to them along with an explanation video & pair of patches that can force it to happen in just 5 minutes of on-time so they are able to reproduce it. Hopefully it gets fixed in 3.0.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, qwerty42 said:

Hi, yep, it's a bug. They thought they'd squashed it with 2.92, but in some cases it still happens, especially on path 2. I've reported it to them along with an explanation video & pair of patches that can force it to happen in just 5 minutes of on-time so they are able to reproduce it. Hopefully it gets fixed in 3.0.

Qwerty42,

The path 2 output is what I have been monitoring and yep you are correct!  Have you noticed any loss of volume in live settings when this happens?  Or is it truly just cosmetic?

Thanks

Dennis

15 hours ago, jpdennis said:

Qwerty42,

The path 2 output is what I have been monitoring and yep you are correct!  Have you noticed any loss of volume in live settings when this happens?  Or is it truly just cosmetic?

Thanks

Dennis

I've never noticed any consequence from it at all, except the lagging meters themselves. No effect on the audio output. Everything else has been reliable for me with 2.92.

• Thanks 1