Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I dont have Variax VDI USB Interface for my standard. where can i get one?

truvalerich

Just bought the only used variax for sale in whole Indonesia, but it comes without that Variax VDI USB Interface, to connect it to PC. Drama. Does any one here knows where i can get one online, or maybe you have spare and willing to sell one to me? was looking on ebay and amazon, no success. help:)

I can’t help with what you’re looking for,  but I can help you avoid some potential confusion to make sure you get the correct part. What you are looking for is not a VDI cable. What you want is the Workbench hardware interface device and associated cables. That is what connects the Variax to a PC and enables the use of Workbench as well as enabling Variax firmware updates.

The VDI cable is different. It connects the Variax guitar to a VDI-equipped Line 6 guitar processor such as Helix, POD HD500X, etc. 

6 hours ago, Punkyboy said:

What are you missing?

This is the USB interface to connect to pc, normaly included (PIC number1)

And this is the VDI cable (NOT included) Pic number 2

line6-workbench-1-48992.jpg

vdi.jpg

yeah, i dont have the box with line 6 emboss. they out of stock even on line 6 itself. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, firehawkkwah said:

Will any regular usb-ethernet adapter work? Or do you need a special one?

There's tons of USB to ethernet options available, but I've never tried then since I have my L6 adapter...

If you mean using a cable with USB at one end and RJ-45 at the other end, no that will not work. Line 6 uses a proprietary protocol over the RJ-45 cable; it does not use TCP/IP. 

Use the Line 6 interface and its accompanying cable, they are optimized for this set-up.

Check the Line 6 Forum Knowledge Base and online Pilot's Guide User Manuals for tips on

how to use it.

And the above photo with the Neutrik end connection is the cable for playing thru only when using VDI.

The interface is for connecting to Monkey and Workbench HD, and not for playing thru, except when monitoring

sounds while using Workbench HD.

Thank you silverhead.

• 1 year later...

Does anybody have any suggestion where I could find this interface? I've been looking for it everywhere and seems to be always out of stock. I've found 2 places online that list it in stock, one in UK and another in Germany, but neither will ship to Malaysia; neither will the official line 6 shop. Amazon and sweetwater might ship here, but are both out of stock as well.

These interfaces are surprisingly difficult to procure. Its a pity, I really like my JTV59 and would love to customize it to suit my own musical needs.

45 minutes ago, Juanp76 said:

Does anybody have any suggestion where I could find this interface? I've been looking for it everywhere and seems to be always out of stock. I've found 2 places online that list it in stock, one in UK and another in Germany, but neither will ship to Malaysia; neither will the official line 6 shop. Amazon and sweetwater might ship here, but are both out of stock as well.

These interfaces are surprisingly difficult to procure. Its a pity, I really like my JTV59 and would love to customize it to suit my own musical needs.

As a workaround, for roughly the same price of a new VDI-USB Variax interface you might much more easily find a used POD XT Live that theoretically would work the same way as an interface between your Variax and your computer.

But to be honest I don't know if the latest XTL drivers would still work with the latest operating systems.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• 1 year later...