Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Faint interference through headphones

barnsleyboy

I don't usually use headphones with my Helix floor, but I was tinkering around this morning and found that there is a faint distortion coming through on the left channel, and the volume has slightly dropped. It's happening on all patches. I've eliminated faulty leads, guitar and headphones from the problem and unplugged everything from sends and returns etc. I've checked and it doesn't come through when plugged into an amp, so it seems like it is headphone output related. Anyone got any ideas? Could it be as simple as backing up and doing a system reset? or is it something more sinister that requires returning the unit back to Line6 for open PCB surgery?

Any help gratefully received!

Nope - definitely not cell phone related, the left channel has now all but packed up. I've done a global reset and a factory one, but neither has fixed it. I'm worried that it is a hardware problem as Line 6 repairs are notoriously expensive. If I used the headphone socket all the time then I could understand it, but it is literally once in a blue moon. I wonder if an earlier firmware update may have caused the issue. I'd be tempted to roll it back to see if this is the case, but I'm unsure how to do this, and the last thing I want to do is mess it up and brick the whole thing!

1 hour ago, barnsleyboy said:

I'm worried that it is a hardware problem as Line 6 repairs are notoriously expensive.

Hey up Barnsley lad,

Dun't fret flower, 'appen it we'ant be as expensive as tha reckons.

I had a repair done to the joystick on my Helix floor. Quick and easy, there and back in about a week.

Contact these guys for a quote, then get your unit well wrapped up and in the original box if poss. Take it to your local courier, or have them pick it up and sent off. It will be back in next to no time.

Official Line 6 Service Centre for UK

http://www.eandm.co

Good luck from another White Rose man.

Now then....

I spoke to the nice chap from E&M, he suggested a factory reset, which did nowt, then raising a ticket with customer service. If that comes to nothing, package it up and courier to them. Minimum bench charge £48. He actually said that the L6 parts and repairs are expensive, and suggested that if I don't use the headphones that much, then consider if I really want to spend the money getting it fixed.

I'll see what the bods from the US say and mull it over. I was hoping that somebody on here had gone through the pain before me and could shed a bit of light.

Cheers for the reply fella.

PS: Not from Barnsley, I'm in Suffolk in East Anglia - land of the 6 fingered sugar beet pickers ..... Now hold you hard ba, I shew you ah right Yarmouth capon!

21 minutes ago, barnsleyboy said:

Now then....

I spoke to the nice chap from E&M, he suggested a factory reset, which did nowt, then raising a ticket with customer service. If that comes to nothing, package it up and courier to them. Minimum bench charge £48. He actually said that the L6 parts and repairs are expensive, and suggested that if I don't use the headphones that much, then consider if I really want to spend the money getting it fixed.

I'll see what the bods from the US say and mull it over. I was hoping that somebody on here had gone through the pain before me and could shed a bit of light.

Cheers for the reply fella.

PS: Not from Barnsley, I'm in Suffolk in East Anglia - land of the 6 fingered sugar beet pickers ..... Now hold you hard ba, I shew you ah right Yarmouth capon!

Ye gods - an imposter  ;-)

That bench charge fooled me at first, I though that would be an additional cost, but when the invoice came it was inclusive. My repair stood me at less than £100 inc p&p from E&M and IIRC my courier to them was around £15 fully insured for absolutely everything.

If you can live without the headphones why bother, but raise a ticket with Customer Support first and see if this is a known problem that they have a painless remedy for.

Regards and good luck.