Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Clean sound??? OMG PLEASE HELP

bkh1134

Lol. I understand that that tone in the song is acoustic. I’m just looking for something similar. For example. When my guitar is fed straight through my speakers I get a clean undistorted sound. Yet when going through my pedal I get distortion tone in my clean channels.  

And, also,... 'tone is in the fingers'. 

Or, in this case, the volume knob. 

The 'single input' is something that, had I known about at the start, I would have used it and designed my patches differently. 

But, as it stands today, I cannot redesign the entirety of the archives. 

However, you would be amazed at how clean my guitars get (even without the 'single input') when you simply roll your your tone/volume knobs down. 

Hello,

Since I am relatively new to the POD HD world and I am having difficulties to completely understand the signal flow in the POD (HD500 and DT25), can somebody help me understand what the 'single input approach' is and how I set up the POD HD500 in order to achieve it?

In general, I am facing issues w/ the POD-DT25 setup. The manuals deeply explain how to connect up to 4 DT's to the POD - but if you just want to use one amp - you're left alone in my opinion.

Regards

Wilfried

single input - what we were discussing above, has nothing to do with the DT. 

It's pretty simple - 

When making a patch (or set it up in your global settings), set it so that Input 1 is guitar, and Input 2 is Variax. 

Note - you should check the global settings anyhow, just to make sure there isn't something overriding the patch settings. 

Note - and this assumes you are using a guitar and not a variax

Thanks a lot for the answers, I corrected the global settings so that input1 is guitar, input2 I put to Variax. When I pick a clean amp model now, like the SOLDANO SOLO, the result is a very low volume of the DT25. I think I've seen other threads about this topic here in the forum, I will double check this and work on the problem.

Another thing I don't quite understand is the mixer. When I put an Amp in the 'Pre' position and have nothing in paths A and B, the output volume sometimes  is affected by level A control and sometimes by level B control, depending on the Amp model - how can this be?

If you want to get a clean sound out of an amp model then, according to this thread, the cleanest amp is the Blackface 'Lux Nrm Pre. There are others that are very clean as well. Just look for amps with low distortion numbers in the last column. Anything below 0.1% can be considered very clean. You'll have to be satisfied with the resulting frequency response you get, though.

22 hours ago, pfsmith0 said:

If you want to get a clean sound out of an amp model then, according to this thread, the cleanest amp is the Blackface 'Lux Nrm Pre. There are others that are very clean as well. Just look for amps with low distortion numbers in the last column. Anything below 0.1% can be considered very clean. You'll have to be satisfied with the resulting frequency response you get, though.

This link is really interesting and helpful. Thanks a lot!