Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Weird Effect when Using High Gain

Hatman777

Hello all, being new to the helix platform  i had a concern with this weird repeating effect i get when using high gain, the higher the gain the more pronounced this effect is, im sure this is not supposed to be as such, in example i hit a power chord and then its like there is a really quick repeat after i've hit the chord, there is no reverb or any delay active Just OD , Amp and Cab,  anyone ever experience this? and can maybe let me know what causes this ? 

Take A listen to the sample I recorded showing this Odd effect 

thanks all for the input 

Helix Issue 2.mp3

Well I’m a helix noob so how would i save  this preset  And attach it  not sure how to do that 

thanks

I did check out all my settings they seem to be correct I thought that maybe it had something to do with the AES  XLR cable to the Powercab plus so ran a 1/4 jack, still had the same effect

what is odd is it does not happen on all presets just some that I have really high gain  also noticed more predominant on fuzz  type  Pedals before the amp  and cab

thank you 

Yes this is true but does it with other OD or Distortion Pedals,

So this is the weird thing I've figured out that it comes from the noise reduction decay settings, the higher the decay setting is the more pronounced this weird artifact effect is present  so i lowered it to 5 ms and low and behold that artifact sound is practically gone

this is very odd and strange

but thanks for the input and feedback much appreciated   

Maybe, since what you uploaded sounds like it has 2 or 3 effects that cause delays and echos... could you please save a version of the patch without the octave fuzz, hall verb, and whatever else was diagnosed as a culprit by the helpful people in this thread, and upload it again?  If, in fact, you can still hear the effect with the patch like that.  cuz you said it happens without that stuff in there... so take the stuff out and try again.

Cuz that's quite a bit of help you got already, which is free from a very cool user.  Maybe that awesome person will help one last time if you send the dryest patch you got that still, to your ears, has some kind of echo going on.

but from my experience (limited LoL), i think maybe it is from something else outside of your patch.  like maybe you have something routed wrong?  like i had mine connected to my computer with usb, and sound was coming out in real time and also like with a little echo, and it turns out it was the way i had the settings on the pc wiht driver delay or something.

• Like 1