Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Looper questions

Elephantstomp

3 hours ago, Elephantstomp said:

2. When the looper ist playbacking can I switch to another preset without a looper and the playback is still running?

No. It used to work that way, but an update (don't remember which one) changed it. It's now classified as a "bug" and L6 is aware. Maybe v3.0 will fix it?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/7/2020 at 5:20 PM, rd2rk said:

Maybe v3.0 will fix it?

Hi,

That change seems to have happened at revision 2.82.

In a previous discussion, regarding the issue of switching presets while using the looper, you commented that you had been in touch with a member of Line 6 support in California (Josh) who said that it would be fixed in the next update. Mmm... they must have missed that because when you told them about this we were on Firmware 2.82. Couple of updates have passed since then with no mention of a fix, so, version 3.0 is still a maybe. It’s not a thing that I use, but if others need it fixed then hopefully it will be. 

The only reference to looper functions is in the notes for v2.90, which added Command Centre control to the looper.

Here’s the old thread:

Edited by datacommando
Added info

3 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

That change seems to have happened at revision 2.82.

In a previous discussion, regarding the issue of switching presets while using the looper, you commented that you had been in touch with a member of Line 6 support in California (Josh) who said that it would be fixed in the next update. Mmm... they must have missed that because when you told them about this we were on Firmware 2.82. Couple of updates have passed since then with no mention of a fix, so, version 3.0 is still a maybe. It’s not a thing that I use, but if others need it fixed then hopefully it will be. 

The only reference to looper functions is in the notes for v2.90, which added Command Centre control to the looper.

Here’s the old thread:

Indeed. I don't use the looper either, so I haven't been following the issue. Maybe the OP (Elephantstomp) would like to take up the torch with support?

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 8:34 AM, Elephantstomp said:

Hello Guys,

I have some questions to the looper.

1. Can I use the looper in snapshotmode when I switch the looperfunctions via midi controler cc´s?

2. When the looper ist playbacking can I switch to another preset without a looper and the playback is still running?

Thank you!

On 9/7/2020 at 12:20 PM, rd2rk said:

No. It used to work that way, but an update (don't remember which one) changed it. It's now classified as a "bug" and L6 is aware. Maybe v3.0 will fix it?

Re: Q2 I don’t think it ever worked that way. You need to have the same type of looper block in both presets in order for loop playback to continue when switching presets.

41 minutes ago, silverhead said:

Re: Q2 I don’t think it ever worked that way. You need to have the same type of looper block in both presets in order for loop playback to continue when switching presets.

You always needed a same type looper in both presets, but once upon a time you could switch presets without losing the loop. That's what stopped working. Has it been fixed?

• Like 1